We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

victim of crime

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cannock
9 posts
Save Topic
victim of crime

I need to contact the Police Station in Playa de las Americas. Could you provide me with their email address please?

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: victim of crime

Dianne ...

I don't know about email addresses ...but here is a list of useful Tel numbers .. Police included.... Tourist office numbers are also a good contact for helping out aswell .....

tenerife-uncovered.com/index.php/Tenerife-Is…

I would have thought it better to phone anyway ..but not knowing how urgent your problem is ....

Sylla

Cannock
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: victim of crime

an

Thanks for your reply, need o email because I am partially deaf, can't handle a phone call!!

Dianne

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: victim of crime

Couldn't you get a friend or family to call them ?

I'm afraid I cannot find an email .

Sorry

Sylla

Cannock
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: victim of crime

Sylla

Thank you so much for trying!!

I have managed to do as you suggest - got a friend to phone for me - did not prove to be entirely successful but I have now passed on all information I have on to my travel insurers and they are going to investigate further.

Thanks once again

Dianne

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: victim of crime

Dianne ...

do you mind my asking what sort of crime you experienced ? ( If you don't want to say I quite understand ) but I always feel that ones experiences can help others on the forum ... I myself have experienced two crimes during a holiday ...OK I didn't have to ask on the forum for help , as I was able to report to the AirPort police immediately.... and with the other crime my Hotel Manager did everything for me .... So all this information I posted on the forum and I continually do so as such crimes appear ....

Ones experiences can always help some one !

I do hope you get a good outcome from whatever happened to you ..

Sylla

Cannock
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: victim of crime

Hi Sylla - I don't mind at all ....

My daughter and I were burgled while we lay sleeping in our hotel room, valuables, money bags & clothes were stolen. The hotel manager was completely unhelpful, refused to acknowledge our dilemma & would not contact the police for us. We had to go to Playa de las Americas Police Station, the police were also very unhelpful, would not let us use phone or internet to report the crime. our British mobiles would not work a Spanish ciivillian at the Police Station lent us his mobile phone to make the report. In the end after several hours and sveral calls we were able to get a crime reference number but not able to get the written crime report we needed to claim for our stolen items because we ran out of time. The call made today to the Spanish Police was not fruitful but our travel insurers have taken the phone number and are going to proceed further with it.

Do you want me to let you know the outcome?

Dianne

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: victim of crime

Yes Dianne .. let us know how you get on ...are you back in the UK now ?

I found the Airport Police to be real helpful ..and helped to make out the form for our insurers ...So I am surprised by your experience !

Good luck

Sylla

wales
Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: victim of crime

Hope you and your daughter are recovering from your ordeal. That is an awful thing to happen to you nd so frightening to think that someone entered your room while you were sleeping. I hope you dont mind me asking but which hotel were you at.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: victim of crime

Hi

Just for my personal information {and hopefully to stop others going through the same situation} what hotel was it. There have been a number of hotels that holidaymakers have reported back regarding thefts {both with signs of forced entry but more importantly ones with NO SIGN of a break in {poss hotel staff??} }

Thank you

Sparhawk1

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: victim of crime

We had an experience window shopping at the top of the Vista Sur over xmas, we suddenly found ourselves surounded by 2 women and 1 male, leaning on us , I thought they were trying to look in the same window so we moved to the next, 3times we moved they never spoke but my other half felt one the woman at the back of him feeling in his pocket, he asked what are you doing she held her hands up and moved off.

What shocked me was the were targeting " easy targets " I was on my scooter, they left and in full view to us they went straight to the next retired couple unzipping her small rucksack,they had no idea what was going on untill we started shouting. They walked away again totally unconcerned.

We followed them around the corner I couldn't believe it they were trying to rob a man with a white stick, we shouted again and they took off down a walkway that leads to the bars behind the Safari centre.

This was about 12 in the morning, no police or security anywhere.

That night ofcourse, the usual 4 police leaning on their bikes chatting to each other at the top of Vista Sur, we told the what had happened and that they were targeting only retired british visitors, they shrugged their shoulders said it happens and that was the end of that.

So be very aware, if they have the nerve to do it knowing their being watched in broad daylight you wont have a chance at night.

By the way this particular " team " had one woman distracting one robbing and the getaway the man with a lap top bag, just looked like a group of nice people walking home in there lunch break, I shudder to think how many wallets had passed through that bag.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas