We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blaydon Races - has it reopened?

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Blaydon Races - has it reopened?

Quick question, I know the Blaydon Races closed for a period of time earlier on this year. Heard it was due to re open as a sports bar. Could anyone confirm what's actually happened with it? Has it reopened or is it still closed??

Thanks in advance

Level Contributor
490 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blaydon Races - has it reopened?

Hi

Stayed opposite at Las Palmeras last week, the Blaydon Races as it was has not re-opened. There is a sports bar in that block now - cant remember the name sorry but was something like PJ's or JD's.

southport
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blaydon Races - has it reopened?

Is this new sportsbar were gangsters used to be? (above drunk n duck)

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blaydon Races - has it reopened?

no its a shame as i am a geordie

Level Contributor
490 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blaydon Races - has it reopened?

Hi Birkdale boy yes its up on that level. Didnt actually go up there and it looked really quiet but maybe just the time of year we were there. Drunk n duck was closed apart from our first night too which was a shame.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blaydon Races - has it reopened?

Certainly not PJ's thats next to Tenerife Sunshine and just over from Colon2 .

Shame you missed out on D n D ,Chrissy

Level Contributor
490 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blaydon Races - has it reopened?

OLNF yes it was a shame, it was open our first night but no room at the Inn so decided to come back another night and it then shut for over a week reopening tonight I believe.

Thoroughly enjoyed our time in PDLA and we will be back for sure ....... next time for longer than 7 nights which just wasn't enough, we were thrilled the weather was so nice and came back with cracking tans :-)

Edited: 9:49 am, December 21, 2012
Sheffield
Level Contributor
128 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blaydon Races - has it reopened?

Yep it's on the same level as Gangsters but at the opposite end. Was told it was gonna be a sports bar run by the same people who owned/worked at Brewers Droop. Heard that in August, not sure what's happening now, whether it has reopened or not.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blaydon Races - has it reopened?

We went in to have a look last Sunday night (16 Dec) and it is a sports bar - and it was dead - not a soul in there. It was around 10pm so we went across to Dubliners (I used to frequent this place a lot when I live there 1998 - 2003) and again not a soul in there either! The only bar that was busy in the Patch area was the Saxx bar. So we headed over to Parque de la Paz where all the bars were busy. Shame about the Patch area, it used to be so busy.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blaydon Races - has it reopened?

@ Carol1302 ...what time did you go to The Dubliner ? Not sure how it was 1998-2003 ,but last few years it never really starts going till 12.30 /1 am time ,

Chrissy ,so did you make anywhere your "Local" ?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blaydon Races - has it reopened?

Yep it was very busy after midnight @ the Paz strip is the place to go it was. Mobbed every night

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas