We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Banana Guide is a BIG SCAM!

Stockholm, Sweden
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic

WARNING!

​Do not enter your personal information on Green Banana Guides web or application,

They sell your personal information to timeshare companies! A big warning!

1. Re: Green Banana Guide is a BIG SCAM!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, October 11, 2012
Durham, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Green Banana Guide is a BIG SCAM!

Been reading these forums for months and this is the first time I have seen someone say it's a scam, not saying it's not been said before buy I haven't seen it.

Would you care to elaborate on how you know they are selling people's details to the timeshare companies? Are you sure it's them and not someone else selling your details? I'm only curious as I was thinking of getting one for my hols next month.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Green Banana Guide is a BIG SCAM!

More info would be helpful Tomas i.e reason why you think this and what has happened to you to think this, To be honest i have never heard of Green Banana Guide before til now.and just had look like on they web site and most of the offers i have seen when over there in coupons for free.its not my cup of tea but if it is saving you move then 3.99 euros.then great..

tenerife
Level Contributor
335 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Green Banana Guide is a BIG SCAM!

This can save you LOADS!!! In a lot of places you get 10% off the bill so you soon get your money back!!

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Green Banana Guide is a BIG SCAM!

You can get them free at some package holiday welcome meetings . I got one in June and saved a bit of money

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Green Banana Guide is a BIG SCAM!

I agree with emskie, it is not a scam but where is the original poster now to back up his claims

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
503 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Green Banana Guide is a BIG SCAM!

When in tenerife a couple of years ago we went to the sunday market at Los Cris, A bloke had a stall there and offered me a free card,I curiously asked him whats the catch and he said no catch but wanted some personal details like adress,phone number etc, I told him that i would only give him my mobile number and he agreed and gave me a card. We used the card a few times mainly in restaurants and got 10 per cent off our bills. On returning home about a month later was called by someone asking if i used the card etc eventually they asked if i would be interested in "cheap holidays", I politely declined and have not been contacted since.Would say if you can get a free one without giving any personal details then do because you can save a few quid. Garry

UK
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Green Banana Guide is a BIG SCAM!

So the original poster is vindicated. No such thing as a free lunch!

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Green Banana Guide is a BIG SCAM!

I'm not sure that the original poster is vindicated. He is saying its a big scam and the meaning of the word scam suggests that the activity is fraudulent. Whilst I have no time for those people who make annoying phone calls whether it be about cheap holidays or anything else, it doesn't mean there is anything fraudulent about the activity of gbg and Hull Gazza has admitted that he saved money using the card.

UK
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Green Banana Guide is a BIG SCAM!

Mmm...timeshare is a scam, though.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas