We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

H10 Conquistador or Best Tenerife?

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Driffield, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
H10 Conquistador or Best Tenerife?

We are hoping to go back to Playa de las Americas, I like the look of both these hotels and they both have good reviews. We stopped at the Hotel Bitacora last time 4 yrs ago and we really liked the area, any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: H10 Conquistador or Best Tenerife?

We last stayed at the best tenerife in 2001 when it was the tenerife princess. Looking at pictures people have posted the room decor and bedding still looks the same unless they are old pics people have posted.

We have stayed in numerous hotels in the resort over the years and are booked in the conquistador for july, we chose this because he had been refurbed and we have nevet stayed there before.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: H10 Conquistador or Best Tenerife?

We are going to The Best Tenerife next week i will put an honest review in my opinion when we get back,

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: H10 Conquistador or Best Tenerife?

I stayed at Best Tenerife and can confirm that the rooms are the same as they were in 2001, which meant they were on a bit on the basic side, but a major plus is the standard of the food, excellent and lovely smiley staff who will greet you and make sure you are seated.

Stayed at La Siesta last week, but went to look at Conquistador and have to say it is stunning. Def wow factor when you go into reception and the bar area, lots of lovely seating areas. I did ask to see a room but they said they were fully occupied.

I have heard that the rooms are small, at Best Tenerife they are not, but if you upgraded at Conq., you get a very large room.

Can comment on food, but if you look at reviews on hotels there will be info, you will also find a difference in price, BT should be cheaper, and I would sayu when it gets a facelift it will be an expensive hotel.

Edited: 3:52 pm, May 15, 2012
Lancashire
Level Contributor
66 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: H10 Conquistador or Best Tenerife?

We have stayed at the Bitacora numerous times over the years prior to it gong all inclusive. However in April 2012 we opted for a week at La Siesta for a change and it was great! We had a wander up to the Bitacora and got the impression it may have gone downhill a bit by the clientele hanging about outside, probably since it going all inclusive. Over the years prior to this we had many great family holidays.... such a shame as it was a giood 4*star hotel with nice people

Driffield, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: H10 Conquistador or Best Tenerife?

Thank you everyone for your information, we have decided to book the hotel H10 Conquistador but only going half board, we like going to the beach and we like to explore alot.Thanks again Tracey

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,605 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: H10 Conquistador or Best Tenerife?

Beach well you have one right on your door step but if you head along the sea front walk way with the sea on your right about 15 mins walk you will come to what i think is the best beach in the area Playa Las Vistas .Now though the sea front walkway gives great views you can cut off 5 mins walk by straight up betweenPark Club europe and Parque Santiago 3 head past the Safari shopping centre till you come to Vista Sur shopping centre a small area just over from Zaras at the Safari Centre,Then either go through Vista Sur heading left or skirt left of the outer edge and take the slope down where Playa Las Vistas opens out in front of you .

But do take the sea front walkway first ,you may find the other beaches suit you more ,but for me its Playa Las Vistas ...............

HOPE YOU HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME

PS if you continue along the sea front walk way past Playa Las Vistas this will lead you through the port tunnel to Los Cris .From Vista Sur to the port 20 mins walk ,this route is totally flat with lots of places for a drink if you feel the need

Kilmaurs, Scotland...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: H10 Conquistador or Best Tenerife?

me and my fiace are going to h10 conquistador on the 21st of may 2013 for 10days holiday alll inc and looking at all th reviews and thr is some people not happy tht they feel second class being all inclusive and there rooms were quite gruby we have spent a lot of muney booking into this hotel and in my opinion iv been to lots of 5star hotels alot cheper and i do expect it to be topnotch what were paying for anyways on the other hand we cant wait to go away as my best friend is my travel agent also and gave me good advice about the hotel and it looks lovly just hope some of they bad reviews were misrebel people well a hope!..and people saying abt there balconys not having much sun is there any way posible in asking when cheking in or before we go to have a sea view and sun all day long tht would make th holiday in my eyes! from katelyn fleming and alan strike x

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: H10 Conquistador or Best Tenerife?

We are returning again this July after going last year. The room we had 507 was modern and very clean, it didn't overlook the pool which wasn't a problem for us as once we had breakfast we were only in the room early evening to get ready and then again to sleep so paying extra for a pool view was no benefit to us personally, however depends what you want from your holiday. I can't comment on all inclusive as we stayed half board and are doing so again this year as we tend to go to the beach in the day as its a lot less cramped than sitting around the pool all day. We also have a few meals out in the evening too as there are so many nice restaurants nearby and we also like to sample the Spanish restaurants, can't see the point in going all that way and expecting to eat what you do at home.

9. Re: H10 Conquistador or Best Tenerife?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 22, 2014