We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels4u.com anyone booked before?

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
204 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels4u.com anyone booked before?

hallo i'am looking to book la siesta through that site,has anyone used this before,is it ok?thank's!!

London, UK
Level Contributor
770 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels4u.com anyone booked before?

Hi,

We used them to book the Marola Portosin a few years ago and had no problem. My only word of caution now, would be that they are owned by Thomas Cook who are having a few problems at present.

Kelly

Mentioned in this post
Marola Portosin
Marola Portosin
802 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
204 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels4u.com anyone booked before?

thank's kel_123 for the answer.yes i have seen that they are part of thomas cook....and know i remember what you meen be the world "problems"i have seen something on the news a few weeks ago.....

the other site that i have found the same price is alpharooms but they want a bigger deposit and 1 month earlier the rest of the money...

to tell you the truth i was searching for a site that i could pay direct to the hotel at check in.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels4u.com anyone booked before?

You could try www.expogrupo.com (I think that's it) for the Mare Nostrum (Mediterranean Palace, Cleopatra Palace, Sir Anthony etc), you can pay on arrival with them.

Mentioned in this post
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
Mediterranean Palace...
3,253 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
3,248 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Hotel Sir Anthony
Hotel Sir Anthony
675 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
arbroath, scotland
Level Contributor
493 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels4u.com anyone booked before?

I hope they will be okay as I have just booked with them for Hotel La Pinta in March. Used credit card rather than debit just incase.

Aware that they are part of Thomas Cook but I am keeping everything crossed that they will weather the storm.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
204 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels4u.com anyone booked before?

thanks misslyons,just look at the site,it take you straight to the hotes site and the price is very high and gives ony the BB option..thank you anyway!!!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels4u.com anyone booked before?

If you all follow the crowd with your belief that Thomas Cook won't weather the storm of these very tricky times, then NO they won't. Thomas Cook are fully ABTA and ATOL bonded. That means you are safe regardless. You can book your holiday with whoever you choose, but I can tell you now that you can book with a Thomas Cook company with confidence.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
204 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels4u.com anyone booked before?

cuvan_golds i wish you will not have any problem!!!!!!!!!!

i want to use a prepaid card and i want to go for the summer so i have a lot of months ahead......

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
204 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels4u.com anyone booked before?

NCLtrotters what do you mean "fully ABTA and ATOL bonded"????how this will cover me?

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels4u.com anyone booked before?

From wikipedia, just for ease

There is no statutory for airlines providing flight-only or other companies providing any accommodation-only holidays to give consumer protection in unforeseen difficult circumstances. ABTA looks after consumer protection from the tour operator end of the contract, which is in turn legally overseen by the Air Travel Organisers' Licensing (ATOL) scheme of the Civil Aviation Authority which came into effect in 1973. The ATOL regulations are the core of the consumer protection which ABTA members have to conform by; all UK-bought package holidays including a flight have to abide by ATOL. UK tour operators have to be ATOL-licensed by the CAA.

For package holidays (provided by tour operators) there is also:

the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tour Regulations 1992, regulated by the BIS - all package holidays must have consumer protection.

the Civil Aviation (Air Travel Organisers’ Licensing) Regulations 1995, regulated by the CAA - covers flight-only holidays bought from tour operators.

ABTA members protect themselves for consumer protection (unforeseen events) claims via the ABTA Protection Plan. Unforeseen events have mainly included travel operators going into administration or liquidation. The government, via ATOL and the 1992 and 1995 regulations, provides the obligations on travel agent consumer protection, and ABTA is the organisation that implements the insurance policies. ABTA's insurance policies are provided by International Passenger Protection (IPP) of West Wickham in Bromley.

Santa Cruz de...
Level Contributor
129 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels4u.com anyone booked before?

At www.gfhoteles.com ( Costa Adeje Gran, Fanabe, Isabel...)you can pay at arrival, as in most of the hotels in the South in Tenerife if you book directly in their website

Mentioned in this post
Costa Adeje
Costa Adeje
Tenerife, Spain
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas