We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gala hotel

Scotland
12 posts
Save Topic
Gala hotel

Hi,

I've booked up to go to the gala hotel in june for 2 weeks. We've booked the double superior room with a pool view. Does anyone who has stayed here know what you get extra for the superior? I can remember reading somewhere that you get into the spa and a safety box for free but i cant find the information anywhere (oops) and im starting to doubt myself if we get them or not.

Thanks in advance

Michael

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gala hotel

Hi Michael

I found this review on the Gala hotel on Trip advisor. Not sure re the safety deposit but this review is from January 2010

“Pleasantly surprised by Hotel Gala

lti Hotel Gala

CityGirlCH 4 contributions

Switzerland

16 Jan 2010 | Trip type: Couples 1person found this review helpful

I'm usually more of a city holiday person and was sceptical of a package holiday in a beach resort. But I can't fault the Hotel Gala which was an excellent hotel. We booked through a tour operator (Kuoni, Switzerland) and got a very good deal on half board. We booked a superior (Alexander) room which included the price of 2 hours in the spa every day - excellent deal since the spa was really good, with 6 bubble beds, 2 saunas, hammam, showers etc. The food was also excellent, wonderful selection of salads and hot buffet. Dinner was strangely early for Spain, despite large number of Spanish tourists. Hotel entertainment is not really my thing, and we didn't go every evening but we enjoyed the Abba night! The location of the hotel is convenient for nightlife if that's what you're looking for - we weren't, and found the area a bit tacky during the day, though as other reviewers have said you can't hear a thing from the hotel. But a swift walk to the beach with eyes averted and the shore is just beautiful! Advice - when you go for that seaside walk on the first day, turn left rather than right - it's a much nicer walk, especially since part of the boardwalk (on the right) was closed while we were there. It's really worth hiring a car or going on a tour to see the rest of the island, especially (for me) the national park and the volcano Mont Teide. Having said all that, next time I wouldn't stay in Playa de las Americas, but somewhere a bit smaller. However that's nothing to do with the hotel.

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,254 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gala hotel

Oh my favourite hotel in tenerife

Although it was 3 years ago when i stayed.

The location is excellent, we had a basic room, so i can't comment on the superior room that you have booked, but you could e-mail the hotel and they will reply to you, our room was on the front overlooking murphys bar, but at night we heard little noise.

I e-mailed them before we arrived to ask for rooms next door to each other and they replied to say that was fine.

there are a few videos on youtube just to get you in the mood.

the spa looks lush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBt-ceUjFCk

Scotland
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gala hotel

Thanks the replies, appreciated!!!

Michael

4. Re: Gala hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas