We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torviscas from Playa de las Americas

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Torviscas from Playa de las Americas

Hi we have just booked for a week end of August at the pueblo torviscas apartments which is in Torviscas. We have two teenage children, and reading the review I am beginning to worry that its going to be too queit. Can you tell me are we in walking distance of Las Americas and is it a safe walk of an evening?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Torviscas from Playa de las Americas

Hi Karrieann

I am attaching a map which shows your location tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.… You are close to Puerto Colon which teenagers will love through the day as it has a nice beach, jet skis, paragliding and numerous other water sports. You also have the In and Out bar across from you where the best Heavy Metal Band on the island play, they are called Soundchaser and you can find them on Youtube.

It depends what you call Las Americas, you are certainly close enough to walk to the 18-30 clubbing area of Veronicas and Starco but it is a bit further to the upmarket area around Mare Nostrum with it´s designer shops and international restaurants. To get there you will also pass the Patch which is full of cabaret bars which cover all types of music so you will be spoilt for choice.

I think Tenerife, certainly the south, is very safe on an evening although like anywhere if you should be out in the wee small hours it is safer to get a taxi than go along dark walkways.

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Torviscas from Playa de las Americas

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I am very grateful for the map and for your knowledge, that makes me feel a whole lot better and excited. We have never been to Tenerife before so its somewhere different and I think this site is fabulous. Its great to go with some local knowledge and tips on the best deals. Again thank you for your response.

dublin
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Torviscas from Playa de las Americas

Hi Karrieann.

I think you should prob visit Playa de las americas atleast once and see what you think . I'd get a taxi down the first night which shouldn't cost you more than 3-4 euro if not less.. And then you can see how far it is and whether you want to go back to Tenerife. For food in Las Americas you should defo try the Vista Sur . There is definetely enough arcades etc around this area to keep the kids occupied. I would stay away from the Veronicas area. Thats mostly Nightclubs and I don't think our teenagers felt safe up that way . Although theres a pub called Murphy's Irish Bar and Michael Graham sings there and our kids our never bored because Michael does his own personal jokes etc.

As its your first time you should deffo think about visiting Siam Park , you can find good deals here www.tenerifesunshine.com

The kids will definetely love it or even Loro Parque.

You shouldn't have any trouble trying to find somewhere to eat . Los Cristianos is also a pretty town near Las Americas. You should really enjoy Tenerife just depends what part you are in. The weather is great there too so thats one thing you don't need to worry about.

Enjoy.

achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Torviscas from Playa de las Americas

We were in tenerife a few years ago and walk to veronicas area a few times, i would not reccomend going up there after 9 30 at night ....

Cockermouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas, Cockermouth
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Torviscas from Playa de las Americas

its maybe not to everyones liking, but taking a walk from torvicas to las americas is a good way to walk your meal off. we dont think there is anything to fear at 9.30pm, maybe getting on at 2 or 3 in the morning you get the drunks, but the police are on hand and they dont take any rubbish. enjoy the area and take the normal sensible precautions like looking after your wallet and knowing where you are.

6. Re: Torviscas from Playa de las Americas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations