We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outdoor disco noise

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
Level Contributor
154 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Outdoor disco noise

We spend quite a few weeks at the Gran Tinerfe every year and returned at Easter for our first trip since Christmas to find that an open air disco had opened on the front right near the Hotel Palm Beach and Park Troya.It is called The Monkey Beach Club and as advertised on its website has loud music from dusk until dawn.

Many people were complaining about it especially those with young families who could not lie in and catch up on sleep.

Its a lovely place as we went to visit but just wish it did not blast out all night.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,980 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outdoor disco noise

Hi JM

The Monkey Bar is in a great location as you say right on the beach http://www.monkeybeachclub.com/ didn't realise they had all night discos. Perhaps because they are so close to the Veronicas/Starco area they feel this is where the money is so they are now offering the youngsters what they want. Hope it won't put you off returning to Tenerife, as I'm sure you know there are many lovely locations where you don't have to have the noise of the discos.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,059 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outdoor disco noise

Hi

I came back from palm beach end of march and spent 2 weeks there,

the 2nd week was an apt right on the front, on the corner near the drop inn, right facing the monkey bar

and i can honestly say that there was no loud music coming from the monkey bar, it was actually very quiet. So i'm not sure where you was hearing the music from, but it was not the monkey bar.

infact some nights it was closed up at 1.00am when we was coming home.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
154 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outdoor disco noise

Lenny

We were there for two weeks over Easter in April and I know where the music came from as we went there late one night to find out.

4. Re: Outdoor disco noise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, November 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas