We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Columbus Aparthotel

aberdeen
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Columbus Aparthotel

Well its now only 24 days til we are off to the sunnier side of the world. Bf and I are staying at the Colubus for 1 week but hotel seems ro ahve alot of bad reviews on TripAdvisor. We picked an earlier holiday to get away from all the teenyboppers thu the summer (even though im only 22 myself)

Has any1 been to the hotel in May - is it quiet enough to enjoy the holiday without the hassle you can get with young groups

Also a note on excursions. Is it better to go on trips with the reps or make your own way. I have noticed a free Siam Park bus is just round corner from hotel. would this be easier to go when we want to??

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Columbus Aparthotel

Hi,

I can't comment on the hotel itself, but I can comment on your trips question.

It is nearly always cheaper to do the trips yourself rather than through the rep. The bus you are talking about, as I understand it is frequent and drops you right outside Siam Park. I'd be inclined to do that and then any other trips I've found hiring a car and doing it yourself gives you more freedom.

If you do decide to book trips through an agent then come back on here and I'm sure some of the other posters will recommend cheaper local agents to book trips through.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Columbus Aparthotel

Hello there,

I have stayed at the Columbus and also reviewed it -not exactly positively. Please though remember that people are people and that is purely thier view and people have very different ideas about what they want from a complex. You may well go and find it more than adequate and highly recommendable. I was only staying there for the night and in view of what I paid for a bed for the night, I can't really complain. The location of them is good, and all trips are picked up from right outside. When I repped in Tenerife, our offices were in the basement of the Columbus and I ate in most of the places in the immediate vicinity, lots of really good, clean, cheap places to get quality food. Nightlife is not far either if you want it. If you like something a bit more special there are some lovely restaurants along at the Americas Plaza area and also San Telmo (walk along seafront towards Los Cris). In May time the summer season is just starting up, but the youth market will begin thier programmes (bar crawls, foam parties) more or less from May 1st, but you will find these more centralized around the Veronicas and Starco areas.

As an ex-rep I will tell you now, dont buy excursions off your rep, how do you think we make money? It will be cheaper to do your own thing, but be careful doing an organized excurion, make sure they do have insurances.

Enjoy.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,240 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Columbus Aparthotel

Hi

This hotel is in a fab location, yeah it is basic, but for what you need it is fine.

my friend who is 65 and his wife who is 61 just spent 2 weeks here in march, they go to this hotel about 3 times a year.

You will be fine, if you do hear any noise from neighbours go and complain at reception.

Excursions like said go with a company not a rep.

try our Emma at

http://www.tenerifesunshine.com/

aberdeen
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Columbus Aparthotel

Thanks for all your replies.

I ahve been to the Columbus before but when i was about 13 so everything was ace at that age. Now going as an adult some things change. Also going with the BF who has never even been on a plane so picked a hotel which was close enough to the centre but still away from the hustle and bustle.

Thanks, for the TenerifeSunshine web page. lots of excursions to look into. Does any1 know if the Pirates Attack show is still running? Couple of friends went to it a few years ago but havent seen any excursions for this

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,206 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Columbus Aparthotel

No the Pirates show is no longer running, think it stopped about 2 years/18 months ago but if you liked that you might like the Knights at San Miguel Castle. Not the cheapest night out but great fun and owned by Raul Hernandes Alonso who also had the Pirates.

castillosanmiguel.com/castilloinformacion-en…

canary islands spain
Level Contributor
85 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Columbus Aparthotel

hi just noticed you question, i had some family stay recently in columbus (i live in los cristianos) firstly the position is fantastic just a short walk in any direction to fantastic beaches, secondly night life is second to none, great restaurants to suit all pockets and bars and clubs again depending on what you like. if you dont want the big group scene ( this is really only big in july/sept) try leonardos for great live entertainment/dj and karoake and then rags and tramps if you want to club the rest of the evening. there really is something for everyone

as for excursions some of the cheaper ones are not always what they seem (2and half hours to loro park???)sometimes you get what you pay for, however siam park has a great open topped free bus just around the corner, and reception will give you times.

if you want a quieter room why not email the reception before departure, if find this usually gets a really good response.

hope that this helps and you have a great holiday, by the way weather was fantastic today!!!!

aberdeen
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Columbus Aparthotel

Do you know the email address for the Columbus reception, only 9 days to go now! When we stayed here few years ago we were on top floor of the 2nd building away from bar and was a great room so hopefully get another like this. I have seen the Siam Park bus on the net and was able to get times for this, thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Columbus Aparthotel

Hi,

Try this

www.apart-hotelcolumbus.com/eng/index.asp…

9. Re: Columbus Aparthotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, November 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas