We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange Rate

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
77 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange Rate

Can anyone tell me the best exchange rate from any of the 0% outelts in PDLA (any area including Adeje) for Sterling to Euro? Thanks in advance.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,980 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange Rate

Hi Cliff

The exchange rate will be very similar everywhere, maybe a cent or two but nothing you would notice. Also it changes daily so whatever rate we tell you today will not be relevant tomorrow. Best wait until you get here or change before you leave the UK.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange Rate

Hi, I have bought a small amount of Euros today from First Choice travel shop at 1,09€ to £1.00 commission free.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
306 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange Rate

Cliff

If you could give an indication as to whether to buy here or wait and buy there, thats really what everyone is asking.

Thanks

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange Rate

The problem is that due to the situation in the last few months things have changed considerably. Up till about October last year, there was no competition you got a better deal changing your money in Tenerife. These days, its probably swings and roundabouts. If you get what seems to be a good deal then go for it.

If you have got time, one of the best ways to change money is using a Nationwide Flexaccount which you load with money before leaving and can withdraw with no charges whatsoever from ATMs over there. Rates are usually about the best you can get.

Nelly

North East England...
Level Contributor
682 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange Rate

Hi, I get my euros in uk, can recomend crown currency exchange, great rates and free del subj. to min order. Ive heard that the Nationwide debit card withdrawals wont be fee free any longer from May/June.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,059 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange Rate

will see be free in europe and tenerife comes under spain, as i rang nationwide the other day.

nationwide.co.uk/current_account/foreigntran…

just click on a letter to see the countries where it still will be free

larne,ni
Level Contributor
249 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange Rate

totally agre with lenny the nationwide flex account is the way to go, the rate will be alot better than you can get at an exchange and you dont have to worry about carrying large amount of cash out there with you as you just use your card when you need it.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,059 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exchange Rate

I;ve received my flex account statement today

And the exchange rates are on from when i went to germany 1st week feb.

I withdrew 100 euros and got 1.144 euros costing me £87.36

larne,ni
Level Contributor
249 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exchange Rate

yeah i understand you get the commercial rate and not the tourist rate.

10. Re: Exchange Rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:39 am, October 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas