We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi price from airport to Las Americas

nottingham
Level Contributor
43 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi price from airport to Las Americas

Any assistance on this would be much appreciated, what sort of prices would you think is a reasonable amount to Las Americas from Airport?

I have heard that people are being ripped of quite abit with v.expensive prices.

Is it best to book in advance with a private firm in Tenerife?

Any assistance would be much appreciated cheers

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi price from airport to Las Americas

Hi 131....

Don't book in advance there are lots of taxis at the airport right outside of arrivals. Have your hotel/apartment name on a piece of paper and hand it to the driver. You should expect to pay between €20 and €25 depending on which end of Las Americas you ar staying. Remember, Fanabe, Torviscus, San Eugenio Costa Adeje are all classed as PdlA so the further over you go the higher the rate. The price is based on 4 people with one case and hand baggage each.

Wales
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi price from airport to Las Americas

May I just add that we paid 25 euros for a taxi from the airport to PDLA outside Parque Santiago 2 in December, and on the return journey we paid 40!!!!

The meter said 25 euros, but he wanted the 40.

I argued it with the driver when we got out, and I asked why so much and he said you have big cases,there was no way he was letting me have our cases with out paying,when we come next month the owner of the apartment is doing the transfers for us for an agreed price.

nottingham
Level Contributor
219 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi price from airport to Las Americas

Hi Aquilas we arrive next week and this problem with taxis keeps rearing its head,is it possible to negotiate with the driver before entering ? we have just had a problem in Lisbon the meter said 15 euros and he demanded 25 we refused to pay and he would not give us the luggage not the sort of start you want to a holiday

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi price from airport to Las Americas

Hi 1818

I have never negotiated before a trip - my Spanish is nowhere near good enough for starters but I can only speak from my own experience and this is based on getting into the airport late at night or leaving early in the mornings when I don't like to put friends out. The fare from/to my house, just above Los Cris has always been €20. If in doubt check the board. There is a list of prices to the main resorts outside of the arrivals door at the airport. On the return get the receptionist where you are staying to order your taxi and confirm the prices for you.

Also I don't look/sound particularly like a local so if rip offs are tourist based they could easily assume I was on holiday.

england
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi price from airport to Las Americas

If you dont mind the buses there is a very good service right outside the arrival terminal, they go every hour and it only costs about 2 euros. We always use them and have never had any trouble.

liverpool
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi price from airport to Las Americas

go on google and type in

transfers from airport to las americas

lots of websites will come up so you

have a good choice.

you pay when you book

you won,t get ripped off.

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi price from airport to Las Americas

Hi,

If you get a chance, pick up a 'Guia de Horarios' at the airport (they're all over the place, but there's an information booth right next to arrivals). These have the approximate current taxi fares to a number of places around the island. So if a taxi driver tries it on, you can point out the fare in the government produced guide.

8. Re: Taxi price from airport to Las Americas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations