We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Review - Compostela Apts 1-15 Jul 08

Lincolnshire
11 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Review - Compostela Apts 1-15 Jul 08

Well we arrived a party of 13 (3 families and 2 grans)bout 10pm, rooms were all over place to start but following day the manageress sorted us out and then things were great. Pool great, deep, but great, my kids ok with that, make sure your kids are confident and you will be fine, lifeguard on site 10-5 ish, you can use rings but not lilo's! No prob with beds, just umbrella's and stands. Beds comfy and noise fine at night. Can't fault the place other than lack of security as it is open to anyone (as we found out on the last day as one member got their handbag pinched on site). Thankfully due to speed the police got them and we recovered all but a couple of items in the bag.

There were some fantastic eateries in local area, a couple I must mention are Creperia Amina (in the vista sur centre as you come out of CB turn right it's next to the glass fountain). We went there 3 times and they were really attentive, food gorgeous. Also as you come out the apts turn right and right again there is an italian half way down on right, brill food again, further down is the Surfers bar, gorgeous food here too.

We did lots of snorkelling at beach which was brill, a couple from group did scuba with wannadive next to surfers bar and they were also brill, so friendly and supportive, I actually chickened out but I know they would have looked after me.

We went to Sange de Toro (with big bull on it) in the safari shopping centre, bad idea, ended up getting police involved as they really messed us about with food, drinks and service, don't recommend anyone going through that experience. The weather was gorgeous everyday, we visited Aqualand which I have to say wasn't as good as expected, not only do you pay the entry but you then have to hire the rings, pay the beds (which you have to have because of concrete everywhere) scorching hot concrete to walk on, wouldn't go there again. Did Loro and Jungle park, both parks ok, but their layout leaves a lot to be desired you are retracing your steps all the time and the prices - oh my god, why is everything so expensive! At Loro you are literally running to get to the shows which fill up half hour before they start, so you need all day there, we had a tour which got us there 11am and we had to leave at 4pm, it wasn't enough time and we missed 2 of the shows. The orca's are amazing but I hate seeing animals kept this way.

Tenerife is a beatiful country but the prices are way too steep, this does spoil it. I wouldn't go again because of this. However, if you want sun then this is the place to be, weather was spot on, I didn't want to come home.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,371 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Review - Compostela Apts 1-15 Jul 08

Hi Simbadog

Glad that overall you enjoyed your holiday. I'm sorry that you mentioned the Creperie in Vista Sur CC because you have now got me thinking I should wander down there this evening - it's just over a week since I was last there. It is a bit moreish and terribly fattening, but hey you're on holiday.

Maybe when the pound gets stronger you might come back as things won't seem so expensive then. Hope so.

Lincolnshire
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Review - Compostela Apts 1-15 Jul 08

Well yes that is always a possibility, they did a mean pancake, blimey it blew your head off, they were so good there we really couldn't fault them, we ate there 3 times. Their t-bone and lamb shoulder is to die for! Could do with bringing some of that sunshine back over here tho, what do you do out there?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,371 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Review - Compostela Apts 1-15 Jul 08

Simbadog,

I'm extremely fortunate, I do nothing just enjoy the sun and the pace of life, park in Los Cris harbour and walk along the front to La Vista CC have a pancake and a Barraquito – this is no ordinary coffee; it is a special Tenerife coffee and something you really must try. Just ask Nellyb and Tigerman's other half. A Barraquito, is a leche y leche, (in mainland Spain called a Cafe Bonbon) with the addition of Cuarenta y Tres – Spanish Citrus Liqueur and a minute chunk of lemon the top is then sprinkled with canela (cinnamon)

Yorkshire,England
Level Contributor
463 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Review - Compostela Apts 1-15 Jul 08

Hi Simbadog

Glad you enjoyed the compestela apartments, we do as they are so well located and the price is always good.I think you will find its not only Tenerife that has got more expensive, our friends have just had a week in Majorca half board and they spent a lot more last year than for ten days self catering, with the exchange rate as it is i tend to think of pound for euro and the "one euro please mum" for pool or the internet seems to add up quite quickly !

Maria

5. Re: Holiday Review - Compostela Apts 1-15 Jul 08

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 02, 2009