We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parque de la Paz

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,318 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Parque de la Paz

We've just booked a stay for October half term with my partner's 13 year old son in a 2-bed apartment at Parque de la Paz.

Having read many reviews, I intend to take towels with us (apparently the hotel ones smell nasty even when clean - yuk!). Don't think I will stretch as far as taking a kettle though! I also think we will buy lilos to avoid the early mornings that seem to be needed to get a sun lounger round the pool.

Does anyone who has stayed there have any other tips or information for us?

More generally, what will the weather generally be like at the end of October? Is it chilly in the evenings? Is Playa de las Americas breezy?

Never been to Tenerife before, so looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parque de la Paz

Hi Kiri

Couldn't help noticing where you are from. I used to live in Camberley several years ago on the London Road (everyone knew the house, American style white cladded with yellow shutters and along arched porch) close to Georgian Close and opposite Diamond Ridge. Well that's enough of that but it did bring back good memories.

Now to business - I have checked your profile and seen your likes and dislikes so firstly you have chosen a great area of Las Americas. You can get your cocktails in the Magic Bar (next to the Piramides de Arona), the Monkey Bar Grill is round the corner from you as is the BudA Bar. There is a strip of bars where you will find plenty of entertainment again around the corner or at the opposite end of the road you will come to the Patch. There is a lovely shopping centre CC Safari where you have both everyday shops and designer boutiques.

The weather will be nice but almost certainly you will need a wrap for the evenings. I wouldn't say PdlA is particularly breezy. Think you should take the 13 year old to the Medieval Knights (excursion) and hopefully Siam Park will be open by then.

As you haven't been to Tenerife before check out the link to our FAQ it should give you some ideas of what we have in the way of things, to do, bars, restaurants, etc. etc.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k14…

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,318 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parque de la Paz

Thanks for the quick response. Yep, I am just down the road from Camberley. I can hear the practice flights for Farnborough air show taking place today.

Hopefully autumn in Tenerife will be warmer than summer is here!! It's been very wet here as well as not very warm. I remember going to Lanzarote one year out of the summer season (I think it was Feb/Mar time) and it was lovely during the day, but you needed a jacket at night.

What is Siam Park and when is it due to open?

Thanks for you help, will check out the FAQs.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parque de la Paz

Here's the link to Siam Park http://www.siampark.net/ing/siam_ing.htm

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,318 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parque de la Paz

That looks great, he'd love that, but it doesn't say when it is due to open. Any ideas?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parque de la Paz

Hi Siam Park should have opened last year, then May this year, the the last I heard it was 'this summer' but I have put some photos on my profile and if you check them out you can see it is still a long way from being finished.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,643 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parque de la Paz

Hi Kirimist

i havent stayed at parque de la paz.

but my friend is due back from the apts today (friday)

i know that the location is good and there are some great bars and restaurants in the area.

i will see my friend tomorrow night, so i will ask her more on the apts and get back to you.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,318 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parque de la Paz

Thanks lenny9, that would be great.

Look forward to hearing the latest news (assuming it is good news!!!)

Nicky

Leeds
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parque de la Paz

Hello, we stayed at the la paz last week July first week Aug last year and i wrote a review which was obviously just our opinion. It all depends on what you are looking for out of a holiday. we went at the height of the season so the appartments were obviously very busy , (but yes do take your own towels we bought some) That said the location is excellent and you are in a very nice spot for what i would say is one of the best beaches in Tenerife, with wonderfull resturants and cocktail bars as already mentioned not to forget the safari centre if you like shopping. Tenerife is a fantastic island with nice friendly people. It can be as hectic or as quiet as you like. I am sure you will have a great time

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,643 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parque de la Paz

Hi

Spoke to my mate on sunday, and she said that she had a fantastic time.

she had a 1 bed apt, which had the sun all afternoon long.

We know the location of the complex, so we knew it was in a good location.

She couldn't comment on the sunloungers round the pool, as she went the beach most days, then finished off at the pool

She said that the towels were fine, but there was no tea towel, so she would take one next time.

And she bought 2 mugs, as the kitchen only had small cups, and my mate like a mug of tea.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,318 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parque de la Paz

Thanks to both of you for the comments. Good to know that people have been recently and had a good time.

I think from the reviews I have read that it all depends on where your room is located as to whether you get noise from entertainment/dustcarts and whether you get the sun. Oh, and of course whether you have noisy neighbours (I just loved one review I read about the people upstairs who shouted all the time and walked around in hobnail boots! Hopefully that won't be us.) I'll just have to cross my fingers.

Oh, and I'll add a tea towel to the packing list. At this rate with towels/tea towel I'll have no room for shoes in my case.....gulp!!!!

Thanks again

Nicky

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations