We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - directions etc

uk
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help - directions etc

Hi ,

we went to tenerife last year, stayed at los gigantes and we drove into las americas.

we spent most of the time just driving around, we were looking for a shopping area in the main part. We found a shopping centre that was quite small near to the museum.

We just kept getting lost, do we need to park the car somewhere and walk to the main strip

please point us in teh right direction

thanks

Zeist, The...
Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - directions etc

Hi there,

It's good to know that Las Americas doesn't have just one centre and shops and restaurants are well spread out through town and along the coast. In the Southern part it's best to park your car near the big H10 Conquistador Hotel (huge concrete hotel). Plenty of parking space and several shopping centres in the neighbourhood. Further North at Costa Adeje there's a busy area around Playa La Pinta, although it's hard to find parking space there. And to the North of that you will find Playa de Fanabé and Playa del Duque, with a parking garage underneath the very modern (and upmarket) Duque shopping centre. Costa Adeje and the Fanabé/Duque area are like a labyrinth if you go by car, so it took me a few attempts to find my way around. The Southern part is much easier to get around, with wide and straight roads. There's also a modern (American style) shopping mall next to the motorway at Costa Adeje. You can also go to Los Cristianos, but there's a lot of construction going on at the beach (they are reconstructing the footpath next to the beach) so I wouldn't recommend it.

My best bet: park at the Conquistador Hotel and walk around in that area.

Best of luck!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - directions etc

Hi Horlicks

I'm a little confused by your query as I don't know of any museum in PdlA so can't visualise where you where last year.

However depending on what kind of shopping you want and how far you want to travel, there are lots and lots of Commercial Centres you could visit.

Staying in PdlA you could go to CC Safari (opposite the Piramides de Arona) this is mainly designer shops with one supermarket (extremely overpriced) a little further down the road.

Tourist type shops can be found alongside and underneath Parque Santiago III, and several smaller shopping areas along the road close to La Siesta Hotel. There is also the new Gran Sur shopping complex just off the TF1 at Torviscus. Horrendous parking and if money is no object then Plaza del Duque should not be missed.

If you get on to the TF1 you heading in the direction of Guia de Isora when you get to the roundabout at the end you turn right for a large Mercadona, and left for a large Hyper Trebol (but supermarkets). You also have a Mercadona and several tourist shops in San Eugenio (also part of PdlA) which has an underground carpark which always has spaces.

If you want to get a great selection of shops and don't mind a day out, there is the Shopping Centre Continente off the TF1 at Santa Maria del Mar where there are about 100 shops plus an enormous Carrefour, several floors of underground parking.

Following on from here head towards the TF2 and you come to Al Campo (locally known as 100 checkouts) plus shops such as C&As Toys R Us, Ikea etc loads of parking.

In Santa Cruz itself there is the CC Meridiano on

Avda. La Salle esq. Manuel just around the corner from El Corte Ingles, Spains largest department store.

So loads of shops for all tastes. If you let me know where abouts you are staying I can probably give you better directions to your nearest one depending on what you are looking to buy.

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - directions etc

If you are not sure where some of the "landmarks" mentioned are you might find the maps on www.eurosol.com useful, but even more helpful might be the maps given out in hotels which are quite similar to the S Tenerife eurosol maps but actually have the shopping centres marked on - C.C. Safari e.g.

4. Re: Help - directions etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations