We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Volcano

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Volcano

We are visting this hotel in April in a poolside room. Any advice on dining room eg are you shown to table ,can you sit where you want, what time is best to go etc etc and what extras are "free" to poolside rooms eg safe? , sunlounge towels etc

any other advice gratefully received

Newcastle
Level Contributor
566 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Volcano

Hello there

In my experience at the Vulcano, you can just sit wherever there is a free table at the dining room. I stayed here in May last year, also used to work for Thomsons at this hotel, and it wasn't too busy at any time for evening meals, breakfast was busiest between 9 and 10am. (stops at 10am)

With a superior poolside room you get free pool towels along with the nice pool view (obviously)! From what I remember the safety deposit boxes are also free, although im sure we got a free one anyway and we didn't have a superior room.

I'm sure you will have a great time there.

J

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Volcano

Thanks J for your helpful reply

Just one other thing do the rooms have haidriers

Newcastle
Level Contributor
566 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Volcano

Yes all rooms have a hairdryer in the bathroom!

They aren't that powerful though so depending on how long your hair is, you may want to take your own from home or you could be there all night!

Sidmouth, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Volcano

We stayed there only last month. Agree with Jayla regarding breakfast - busiest time is about 9.00. You can find your own table or be shown to one. The food was very good by the way.

We had a "superior" room so had the beach towels and bath robes. Safe included but had to leave a 10 euro deposit. The sheets and room towels were changed v regularly. Bit of advice get the Spring card before you go (you can get it online from the hotels web site) you can then charge all your drinks and any additional meals to your room and then using the card get a 10% discount. They also had a Happy Hour between 6-7 where you get 2 for price of 1 (except cocktails). Enjoy your holiday!

5. Re: Hotel Volcano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas