We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Olympus at Garden City Tenerife

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Club Olympus at Garden City Tenerife

hi anyone who could help.

We have booked through RCI a one Bed apartment at Club Olympus because my parents are stying in Esmerelda something or other for one month next February. Since booking I have seen quite bad reviews and am a bit worried, have tried to change but will lose our exchange fee of £72.00. Pleeeeeeese can anyone let me know if you have been recently and what it is like. We are only going for a week and holidays are so special when you work hard for the rest of the year. Thanks for any info xxxxxx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Olympus at Garden City Tenerife

I visited a friend there this march, he has bought an apt out there.

It is a lovely complex in a fantastic location, i've had friends who have stayed here before, and they've had no problems.

There are 2 pools on the complex, apts are nice, some are owned by RCI and others private.

Your parents are about a 10 min walk from you. So i doubt that you'd be staying round the pool everyday.

There are loads of great bars in this area

star bar

pheasant plucker

temple bar

garfields

amandas

and loads more

your also only a few mins walk from the harbour, puerto colon, which has great bars and is good beach.

I'm sure you will have a good time.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Olympus at Garden City Tenerife

We also stayed in this complex for christmas it was ok, no problems and it is in a good locaton. although we are not using it this year my son and his girlfriend are returning to stay there.

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Olympus at Garden City Tenerife

Thanks to you both, I feel happier now.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Olympus at Garden City Tenerife

I use to go Garden City a lot, when I was last there this year April a family who had booked with RCI were disapointed with their room, and the complex. After a lot of running around and phoning reps, RCI had to move them to a better quality place, the thing is all sorts of people own the apartments on this complex some are really nice some are the pits! It has gone down hill over the years and if you happen to get a bad room...god help you, because the reps there are rude, unhelpful and at times arrogant! I wont be gong there again, but I love playa americas, All I can suggest is you ask for room information, RCI book apartments off of club olympus (time share) who also own part of garden city, complicated... If you are expecting luxury, change booking now!!

5. Re: Club Olympus at Garden City Tenerife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:26 am, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas