We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari centre

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Topic
Safari centre

Just wondering how long the safari centre and the area of hard rock Cafe has been there for and what was there before it?

18 replies to this topic
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
732 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari centre

Travel related?

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari centre

Not really no I was just interested as Google it ans couldn't find the and anywhere so thought someone on here might know?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
732 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari centre

Your right no info on Google!

Look at this link & you might find a contact to ask the question, good luck

https:/…

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari centre

Found out the hard rock was 15th March 2014 I assumed was quite new but still no closer to finding out about the safari centre

Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Safari centre

We stayed in ps3 last xmas, and they had photos up in the lobby showing the changes in the landscape, I can’t recall the exact dates, but I reckon around 30 years ago, there was no more than 2 hotels and a coastline between las Americas an los christianos. So I would guess the safari centre is less than 20 years old?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,099 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safari centre

The sol Tenerife have some lovely photos in reception of the old Tenerife.

north west england
Level Contributor
4,222 posts
541 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safari centre

Perhaps around 15 years old.

I remember the first time we came to Tenerife - must be 20+ years back - PDLA ended at the Patch and there was nothing between there and Los Cris. You couldnt walk round - to get to Los Cris it was a taxi job.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safari centre

Can remember it there early 2000s when I had an apartment in TRG. Think The Oasis side was built around then.There is a black and white photo taken off Mount Chayofa showing Torres del Sol and Vintersol. Nothing West of that only a building in the distance where Conquistador is.. Does anyone remember the Balloon?

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Safari centre

I was at the parque Santiago last Xmas myself and remember a really big picture of a birds eye view of old playa de las Américas and was hardly anything there

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Safari centre

I do wish this site had an option to post photos .A regular poster on Tenerife 4 All puts on lots of photos of PDLA and LC area from the early 60s onwards .HE puts up photos where it often becomes a quiz of what / where is this .

So far it seems both Hard Rock Cafe / Safari Centre had nothing previously on their site which had to be knocked down .I thought something of Hardrock had or enlarged !?

Edited: 2:27 am, November 16, 2017
Reply to: Safari centre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas