We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deals on the strip

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Deals on the strip

Hi we’re coming Saturday for a week for my 30th I’m want to go out quite a bit but working out how much money I should take. We’re self catering but shall only eat a fry up and main dinner in the evenings! Any prices/deals in general would be most helpful TIA :)

8 replies to this topic
north west england
Level Contributor
4,209 posts
541 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deals on the strip

You'll easily get a not very good quality Britiish style fry-up for under €4. Stir clear of the sausages which are, invariably, very manky.

And you'll also find a number of places doing three course dinners for under €10. Not very good quality again, of course. Most restaurants have prices similar to the Uk on a like for like basis.

Edited: 10:31 am, November 13, 2017
Northumberland
Level Contributor
575 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deals on the strip

On the las Paz strip you'll find The Highlander does very reasonably priced 'English' style meals.

Always found their food well priced and tasty, nowt flash just good honest English fare, but i think they only serve until about 8.30pm ish

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,642 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deals on the strip

In terms of deals for drinks you will find local lager and spirits to be a lot cheaper than branded international drinks although cheap vodka isnt for everyone. The stuff tastes like paint stripper! Obviously drink is cheaper during the day compared to entertainment venues, paid €4 for a CAN of Strongbow in Soul Suite......

If theres a group of you PRs in Veronicas/Starco will no doubt offer free shots and maybe severely watered down cocktails to get you in their bar, some will even do 2 for 1 although unless you drink bottles they will also be watered down i would bet. Plus the area will be pretty quiet this time of year before the Xmas party season so you will probably prefer Paz and Patch areas at night.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Deals on the strip

Surfers Bar near Las Vistas beach

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
735 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deals on the strip

Las Rosas in the patch area has good deal for 3 course for 9.95.

We have had dinner there 6 nights out of 14 and can't fault it.

fish, steak, pasta dishes all were lovely

Burnley
Level Contributor
464 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deals on the strip

Harters

Have you never been Buzz Bar for a breakfast near Scampi’s. They certainly know how to serve up a good breakfast. Lovely Spanish family using English products. They’ve owned that bar for many many years. Always visit them each time we stay on the island

north west england
Level Contributor
4,209 posts
541 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Deals on the strip

Never been there, golazzo. Thanks for the tip - although how fussed I'd be walking that far from PS2 for brekkie is another question. Tricky question - longish walk for fry-up or stay in the apartment for toast and jam.......

Edited: 6:14 am, December 30, 2017
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
1,926 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Deals on the strip

Come over to Los Cristianos..and try Harriets tearooms for breakfast or THE OLIVE GARDEN DELI..first quality food reasonably priced..I think in Harriets..my breakfast poached eggs crispy bacon and toast with coffee..was about 10 euros..but well worth it..can not recall how much breakfast was in Olive Garden ..think about 7euros..but great quality..if you prefer quantity..try Buena Paella..breakfast 2 euros..have never tried one..but it looks good value.

Reply to: Deals on the strip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas