We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa del ingles

Which Playa del Ingles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worcestershire...
2 posts
Save Topic
Playa del ingles

Hey! :) me and my mate are coming to playa del ingles 19th July 2014 for two weeks! Anyone else going? What's the nightlife life?? Xx

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa del ingles

I guess it depends what age group you are and whether you are interested in the gay or straight nightlife . I'm sure if you give a few more clues many on here will be happy to offer you some specific advice . As a general comment though , PDI is a very large resort and has an abundance of nightlife to suit all tastes and age groups

Edited: 11:49 am, January 12, 2014
Aberystwyth, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa del ingles

Is pdi mainly for gays or is it for couples or family's?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa del ingles

No ianevz21, PDI is not just for gays .(this was very well covered on a post about a week ago). Amazing as it may seem to some though, it's 2014 and there are such things as gay couples and even gay families ;)

Edited: 3:16 pm, January 15, 2014
fife
Level Contributor
74 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa del ingles

Hi just wondering if anyone can help us. We are a group of 6 girls going to pdi in march to re live the days of our youth! The last time any of us was there was 8 years ago and we are now approching our special birthdays (eek) Anyway we just would like to know whats still there that we would know..eg the hippodrome or rogers bar and also heard that the irish centre is pretty much gone?! Or if anyone has any recommendations they would be most appreciated. We like to dance but not 'clubbers'! I know the 'yumbo' centre will be almost unrecognisable to us as it was pretty seedy when we were there last. Any hints would be great!

Thanks

Oh and sorry for the post hijack!

Xx

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa del ingles

I don't think you will find the Yumbo at all unrecognisable from 8 years ago ...it's pretty much identical now, to how it was then . It's not knicknamed " the shopping centre that time forgot " for nothing . I am sure you will have a great time though

Edited: 2:04 pm, January 20, 2014
Plymouth, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa del ingles

I have just come back from a month in playa del ingles and wouldn't reccomend it, there are plenty of other much nicer spanish sun resorts. Playa is shabby, outdated and very run down. Drinks were not cheap and struggled to find anywhere decent to go for lunch...other than the English bars. The dunes were perhaps the only nice feature of playa del ingles, we weren't very impressed by the beach.

England
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa del ingles

A month in PDI sounds a long time.

Did you go to any other resorts, and if so what did you think of them?

8. Re: Playa del ingles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 29, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles