We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First lads Holiday: bit of advice :)

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
First lads Holiday: bit of advice :)

Hiya guys and gals

Myself and a mate have both been dumped in the last year :( :( and we have decided to make the best of it and leave Ireland in search of some sunshine. We will be staying in the Guinea apartments which according to google maps is in a great location. I am just wondering what time the pubs/clubs open in the Kasbah center and what time they close at? I was chatting to a few friends lately who had conflicting stories of the clubs closing at 3am and 6am.

Any info would be great.

Bimingham
Level Contributor
33 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First lads Holiday: bit of advice :)

Hi . You are close to the Kasbah and its early morning when the different bars/clubs close , depends how busy they are . 6 is not uncommon . I stayed at Guinea last year and its a stumble home from Kasbah . Just as you would at home , be aware when going home drunk and staggering that not everyone is on holiday . You also have The Yumbo centre less than 10 min walk away and you must give it a try one night , its fantastic fun . Have a good trip .

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First lads Holiday: bit of advice :)

Thanks buddy, appreciate the info :)

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First lads Holiday: bit of advice :)

First lads holiday...?

Rent the safe in the room and USE it. Drink and have fun, but as said above, be aware and stay in control. Don't become easy prey. All that sunshine and bare flesh and great holiday feeling... don't forget the condoms! :-)

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First lads Holiday: bit of advice :)

Good advice Canarytime, Might end my 14 month dry streak lol.

Any good places to eat around the general Kasbah area? I think my body would fall apart if I try to eat the usual holiday food for a week.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First lads Holiday: bit of advice :)

:-)

Sorry Jay, I have never stayed in PDI so no recommendations for food. Your title just caught my eye. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First lads Holiday: bit of advice :)

Cheers Canarytime I appreciate your input.

If anyone else has some good info would love to hear it or if anyone is also heading over 18th-25th we could organise a session :)

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First lads Holiday: bit of advice :)

Another question. Are there any decent sized food shops close to the Kasbah area? I wouldn't mind making one trip to stock the fridge up with some decent grub.

Bimingham
Level Contributor
33 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First lads Holiday: bit of advice :)

Hiperdino shop near to where you are staying . Sells everything including lots of drink at a decent price . You will also see Kokoa building near to where you are , underneath here is Texmex and its fantastic food . The Red Cow sells good pub grub and if you are in need of hangover food head for Buddies in The Yumbo centre

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: First lads Holiday: bit of advice :)

I think there is a large grocery store called Mercadona not too far from Playa de Ingles. Given the option I would much rather go once to the larger shop and stock up. Anyone know roughly how much a taxi would be to this shop

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First lads Holiday: bit of advice :)

Hi, i went to playa de ingles for the first time last year on a girls holiday and we are going again this year. Most of the clubs stay open to 3/4am and then there is one or two that stay open to 6am. I would also recommend going to the red cow for food. good food and the staff were really nice too. plus for us it was only a 1 minute walk away from our hotel

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles