We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of disruptions to no 66 airport bus during Carnival

Which Playa del Ingles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Derry, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
913 reviews
Save Topic
Beware of disruptions to no 66 airport bus during Carnival

Just posting this information to warn anyone trying to get the no 66 bus from Playa del Ingles during the Carnival . We had planned to get the bus at 10.34 am on Saturday. We knew the carnival was on that evening but everyone we asked in the hotel and shops assured us that the buses would not be affected in the morning. We duly waited with others for the bus , lots of other local buses came and went and when we asked their drivers about the airport bus they just shrugged . After 45 min we realised that something was wrong and got a taxi (costing 35 Euro) The driver was able to tell us that the bus that morning just went directly from Maspalomas to San Fernando and by passed Play del Ingles because of the carnival, why I don't know, as the roads were still all open. It was very annoying that there were no notices at the bus stops or any indication of the change of route for the many tourists in the area. Fortunately we had left plenty of time to get to the airport and arrived in time but others may not have been so lucky . I don't know if this only happens at the Feb Carnival but I suspect that it may occur during any special events so be sure to check in the tourist office perhaps or with the bus company.

1. Re: Beware of disruptions to no 66 airport bus during Carnival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles