We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how does pdi compare with say puerto del carmen in lanzarote

Uk
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
how does pdi compare with say puerto del carmen in lanzarote

Been to pdc a few times but thinking of change to pdi. How do they compare? We are family of 4 with kids aged 7and 3. Would there be plenty for the kids to do? Can anyone recommend good cheapest all incl hotel not too far from the centre and the beach?

Thanks

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how does pdi compare with say puerto del carmen in lanzarote

For families the mirador bungalows are excellent . I'm in the rondo at the moment which shares facilities . The mirador has a great pool , kids adventure playground and Gerry , an excellent kids entertainer ...the kids seem to follow him around like the pied piper !

west midlands
Level Contributor
733 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how does pdi compare with say puerto del carmen in lanzarote

love pdi,been going for years,pdi is made up of commercial centres,yumbo,kasbah,metro,irish centre,to name a few,buses and taxi,s are cheap,easy to get about,loads to do,check reviews here on the top 20 things to do,my tips would include,palimitos tropical park,dolphin watching boat trip at puerto rico,and market day on friday at puerto mogan,all reachable by bus,easy to do and you dont need to pay silly holiday reps prices,there are loads of other stuff to do including waterpark and funfair, its worth doing your homework,

Uk
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how does pdi compare with say puerto del carmen in lanzarote

Thanks for feedback. Would pdi be full if 18-30 crowd? We going early June. PDC in lanzarote isn't- that's why am curious. As well as all inclusive we would consider self catering I suppose (all inclusive package holidays for 4 of us through Thomson etc seem to be at least 2.5k for 2 weeks!)

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,660 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how does pdi compare with say puerto del carmen in lanzarote

June - 18-30 = Ibiza, Malia, greek Islands etc.

I don't think PDI is ever crowded with 18-30.

Make sure you have A/C if you are going self catering, there are lots that don't have it and you can get very high temperatures then, even over 40 if you have a kalima.

I have been to PDI in June and it was pleasantly busy without being too crowded.

It is a long time since I was in Puerto del Carmen but if it is still the same they are very different resorts. PDI is one of the largest resorts in Spain, not Benidorm but almost as busy. Better layout makes it feel not so big. Puerto del Carmen was much smaller. The islands are different too, though both volcanos, Gran Canaria has been extinct for a very long time so it is greener.

If cost is a priority June here on the Costa del Sol can be the best time to visit!!

Edited: 6:37 am, February 03, 2013
west midlands
Level Contributor
733 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how does pdi compare with say puerto del carmen in lanzarote

good advice above,there are loads of places to eat,with different prices,take a look on restaurant reviews on here,depends on your budget,or if you like self catering,and yes always a big fan of thomson,your options are huge as there is so much choice ,perhaps worth booking when you see a good deal,but i ,love pdi,and its an all year round resort,it wont be full of 18-30,as you can always do your own thing and find your own space.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how does pdi compare with say puerto del carmen in lanzarote

I would echo Manzanas comments . The big draw for me ( and many other Northern Europeans and Scandis) is the fact that it is a winter sun resort . I am here for 3 weeks at the moment and it is glorious weather whereas mainland Spain can be cold . Personally , the latest I would come here is May and only because Gay Pride is on then . I have been late June / early July and it was too hot and humid for my taste . If you are looking for a budget family holiday in June , I would head for mainland Spain .

belfast n ireland
Level Contributor
30 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how does pdi compare with say puerto del carmen in lanzarote

I would say they dont compare at all.

I wouldnt touch PDI with a barge pole.

In PDC you can have best of both world with the old town/harbour and the beach strip . Beach is good for kids.

Not that many AI hotels here though and most are in Pocillos or Matagorda area but thats Ok.

Many reviews say PDC is quiet and it can be but its got all you need for a family holiday.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how does pdi compare with say puerto del carmen in lanzarote

Each to their own Bertie , each to their own . It's a good thing we all have different tastes otherwise , one place would get a bit too crowded ;)

9. Re: how does pdi compare with say puerto del carmen in lanzarote

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles
Recent Conversations