We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu wakiki aug 2013

Which Playa del Ingles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
185 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Riu wakiki aug 2013

Hi all,

Just changed my hol for next year to stay here, traveling with my hubby no kids ( whoo hoo), I've never been to gran canaria before so looking forward to it, if anyone has any tips or suggestions on excursions or if you have feedback about the hotel, be much appreciated, thanks

Sarah :)

west midlands
Level Contributor
648 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu wakiki aug 2013

been going for years love the place if you be more specific in your ideas , forumnites will give you better answers,loads to do on the island, bus service great and cheap, you can do loads yourself without paying rep prices,puerto mogan friday market easily by bus,dolphin trip by bus down to puerto rico, palimitos tropical park again by bus, check forumns on here and look at top 20 things to do,

manchester
Level Contributor
185 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu wakiki aug 2013

Hi hairybear :)

Do you know if you can email for a preference of floors etc, I would pref a higher floor away from the lift.

We're both just 40 any decent pubs close by, and is the walk to beach a heartattack walk ?

Thanks

Sarah :)

west midlands
Level Contributor
648 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu wakiki aug 2013

there are different centres in the resort these are sort of 70,s style if you know what i mean,nearest to you is the kasbah,but you could try different ones,also gran chaperal is near, it wont take long to find your way round,beach walk is ok,but lots of people lounge around the hotel pools,you could always get a taxi down first,lota of lovely walks along the prom,by allmeans email hotel ahead for room preference,dont mean you will get it,think reviews of your hotel are good on here,anything else just ask,going back in march for my 50th,so looking forward to it

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu wakiki aug 2013

We stayed here back in January of 2009 and quite enjoyed the hotel. There's a few things to let you know about... The Hotel is actually 5 towers, A to E. There is a walkway around the pool areaand bar terrace that takes you to whichever tower you're allocated. The towers are open at the top and if it rains you can see the rain falling down the middle of the towers onto plants below, the lifts are in the middle of them so as they are cricular, all rooms are the same distance from the lifts and there are seven or eight floors.You'll either get lucky and get a poolview room or overlooking the road, or the tower next to you.

We were allocated a table at our first evening meal and you must use this table throughout your stay. You'll either be given a table for two or you'll share a table of four. You can sit anywhere for breakfast and lunches though.

There are a few bars just along the road, to the right of the exit as you come out the hotel, a short walk and behind a supermarket, there are a few bars up the back. Also, you're about 15 mins walk from the Kasbah centre, plenty bars, restaurants, shops etc down there, that's out the exit and along to the left. The Yumbo centre is about 20/25 mins walk, out to the right again then turning left.

There are a few decent trips to go on, the usual types and there's the Sioux City trip. You pay upfront when you book then when you go you get a barbecue meal, some live music, a cowboy show and the bar is free all night. A trip up the mountains is nice for a day out also. You can also walk all the way to the sand dunes of Maspalomas from the bars and restaurants at the beach which incidentally is about a 25 minute walk from the hotel, taxi rank is outside the door and are very very cheap.

Jambonian.

5. Re: Riu wakiki aug 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles