We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartments in Playa del Ingles?

Kilkenny, Ireland
12 posts
Save Topic
Apartments in Playa del Ingles?

Hi,

Can anyone advise on the best apartments in Playa del Ingles for a group of Irish lads in late teens and early 20's? Its for my brother and his friends and they're going in mid to late August.

Clichy, France
Level Contributor
386 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartments in Playa del Ingles?

Before giving any advice consider where they would like to be. Close to the Irish center, Kasbah with all the clubs, the beach or in the quieter areas of Meloneras... There are so many options and apartments in the area that it needs to be a bit more specific...

Mentioned in this post
Kasbah
Kasbah
531 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
Meloneras
Meloneras
Gran Canaria, Spain
Kilkenny, Ireland
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartments in Playa del Ingles?

They would definitelty want to be in a lively spot but close enough to beach too , maybe 10 - 15 mins walk. A nice big pool would be important too. I think they were looking at either the Greenfields or the Koka apartments so any opinions on these would be great.

Mentioned in this post
Koka Apartments
Koka Apartments
385 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
belfast
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartments in Playa del Ingles?

Hi,

i would recommend the Koka Apartments. I live in Belfast and went there with two mates at the end of August 2006. Have a read of my review if it helps but the hotel is close to everything and about a 10 minute walk to the irish centre. or you could get a taxi which cost about 3Euro. right beside the supermarket and about15-20mins walk from the beach. was perfect for us. thinking of going again this august.

Hope this helps

if you need any more info send me a message.

Chris

Mentioned in this post
Koka Apartments
Koka Apartments
385 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
Kilkenny, Ireland
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartments in Playa del Ingles?

Thanks Chris,

I think he actually read your review and thats what made him consider the Koka apartments so he definitely liked what he read. They seems very cheap too compared to others he was looking at. I'll pass it on anyway and if theres any specific questions I might get back to you with them. Thanks for your help. Marie

Mentioned in this post
Koka Apartments
Koka Apartments
385 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
belfast
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartments in Playa del Ingles?

No problem Marie,

Haha we actually met some girls from Kilkenny when we were there....they were mad!

take care!

Waterford Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartments in Playa del Ingles?

if you are staying at the koka they are very strict on behavior I would recommend the green park for young people 2mins from every type of nightlife i.e clubs and pubs supermarket in the complex and one next door for cheap booze 24 hour bar in the complex and the staff are brill and easy going. rooms are small and basic but you have a clean place to sleep. if you are planning to party like we do all you holiday this is the place to stay. also look at aer lingus and book the holiday your self you could save loads of euros. one more thing there's a shop across the road called nadar bazaar stay away the guy gets nasty if you look and don't buy anything off him.outside the item could be 10eu but inside the same item could be 80 watch out avoid camera shops are one big rip off.. only buy in visanta shops very cheep and the prices are fixed no haggling allowed.

no hassle and good world wide guarantee. hope this was a help J. PS UP THE DEISE

cardiff
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartments in Playa del Ingles?

id recommened green feilds

derry
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartments in Playa del Ingles?

hi wildcat dunno if your brother has booked yet but if not we've been to gran canaria bout 5 times (mostly in the winter)and the green fields has been the best apartments.young and lively ,beside the irish centre, great happy hour.good apartments .what more do you want.stayed in the green park next door as well ,much more basic and just not the same atmosphere.make sure they get to the kasbah and bars away from the irish centre too or they'll miss a lot of craic and the drinks a lot cheaper

9. Re: Apartments in Playa del Ingles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:27 am, October 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles