We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Waikiki

Which Playa del Ingles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
edinburgh
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Waikiki

Hi there, we're looking to go to this Hotel around the first week of January 2009, we'll be taking 2 or 3 teenagers with us and we'd like to know if the Hotel would be suitable enough to keep them occupied. Also, what weather temperatures would we expect to find in January. As it's not Summer season, will the entertainment be similar quality? And the resort, what else would it have to offer?. Any feedback would be very helpful, especially if you've been in Winter, thanks!

HSE
North East
Level Contributor
500 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Waikiki

Hi

We stayed next door to that Hotel (Gran Canaria Princess) in January just gone - the weather was fantastic, 25 degrees every day, it does start out a bit overcast but by mid morning the sun was very hot. The resort was quiet but that made it better for us as were not one for rowdiness. The beach is very nice here but we mainly used the pool at our Hotel. Stepping off a plane in January to 25 degrees is the best feeling ever! I can't comment on that particular hotel but for a winter break we would certainly return to Gran Canaria!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Waikiki

Thanks for that, 25 degrees sounds good enough for me!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Waikiki

Hi jambonian,

Been to the Waikiki 3 times,its a great hotel.Bear in mind it is only a 3 star hotel.The food is excellent,the staff excellent,the only thing that lets it down is the bedrooms a little tired,but like everywhere else in hotel spotlessly clean.

January will be quieter than say this time of year,but the hotel has a resident animation team,and there are all sorts of activities laid on everyday.

Not to put a damper on things but thanks to global warming you can't guarantee good weather even in the Canaries.When we were there in Jan 2007,it was an absolute monsoon on arrival,with gale force winds!.Although it did take a turn for the better after a few days.

If you need any more info just ask!.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Waikiki

Thanks for the info Ibalad, it's much appreciated, i'll bear you in mind if I need to ask for any more info.

cleveland
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Waikiki

My sister and i went to waikiki last January and it rained for the full week, in torrents, the hotel staff where that good though, the management even brought in extra daytime entertainers because of the weather, not many would do that! it's just a short walk to the centre of resort, and plenty to entertain the teens there at night, but not a lot for them in the hotel at night, it's more geared for the older (much) German clients, but the food is fantastic, as is the daytime animation team.

We will be going again to this hotel in the near future, probably the end of January so we may see you there!

mary

edinburgh
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Waikiki

Thanks for the info Mary, everyone's been very helpful.

cardiff
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Waikiki

hi myself and my boyfriend stayed from the 14th-21st jan this year, the weather was dry but it was fairly chilly only managed to sunbathe on our last day. There was entertainment but we found it was aimed more towards the german guests which there were a lot of! the one night we watched in the entertainment room was a middle aged woman singing with a man playing the keyboard, we mainly stayed by the pool bar the only thing i will say is that the drinks are definatly bigger in the entertainment room.

There wasnt an awful lot going on in the resort in regards to nightlife the best place for any entertainment would be the irish centre.

if you need any more info id be happy to help

8. Re: Riu Waikiki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles