We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay People in Playa del Ingles

Dunbar, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Gay People in Playa del Ingles

We are a group of about 40 people including kids looking to stay at the Liberty apts. I have nothing against gay people its just taking children would it be suitable? Is it overpowering or not to noticible ?

Scotland
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gay People in Playa del Ingles

Hi

Just spoke to a couple of "old biddies" who've been to GC quite a few times and they say they've never even noticed any gay people - probably quite niaive (sorry about spelling!) of them but just goes to show that you can be on holiday for a week getting on with your own business and not notice other folks to be different from yourselves!

While I'm here - can a moderator tell me why is it that when you go to post a message only the first starter message in the topic comes up.? It would be better if you could see a few more as sometimes I tend to forget what others have said and I go to repeat it.....maybe that's just me being silly, but wouldn't it be easier. May also help the topic from going astray offtopic ;-) Yeh Just like I have!!

uk
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gay People in Playa del Ingles

what are you worried about they wouldnt take no notice of you

go and have a good time

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Gay People in Playa del Ingles

Guess what, some of the kids in a 'pack' of 40 probably turned out (it's nearly 2 years later) to be gay/bi-sexual themselves.

They would've discreetly watched the gay people of whatever gender; given half the chance as a teeenager I would've! Instead we're often left to flounder.

For some it's taboo even today it seems but I do not criticise the legitimate query, from a concerned family member.

durham
Level Contributor
194 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Gay People in Playa del Ingles

I think I would be more concerned if my children were exposed to the beer gutted, foul mouthed, football shirted, vommitting yobs that seem to be more prevelent in Europe these days. It depends on what you mean by "overpowering." Maybe a little research should have been considered before booking as Playa del Ingles is considered to be the gay capital of Europe. (And rightly so!).

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Gay People in Playa del Ingles

Totally agree Sheba

While I am not gay, many of my friends are and I would happily trust both my children and grand children with these rather than some of the so called religious people that are around.

Dundee
Level Contributor
240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Gay People in Playa del Ingles

i would say go and enjoy. we have a few gay friends and i would say we have the best times ever when in their company. we have been places where hetrosexuals have been very "demonstrative" shall we say. Each to their own and if i am ever any place home or abroad where i feel uncomfortable then i simply remove myself from the situation.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Gay People in Playa del Ingles

Hi there. We were in Playa del Ingles in January and i can honestly say that, although there are some gay people around the area, they just go about their daily buisness the same as everyone else, you'll not even notice them. The Yumbo centre does attract a quite large gay community in the evening, there's some showbars(drag acts) and a few of the bar owners and staff are gay. We drank in their bars the same as all the others, there's no problem, they were generally very friendly people and you shouldn't have any fears or worries, just have a good time and enjoy your holiday.

18. Re: Gay People in Playa del Ingles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, November 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles