We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What area is best ?

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
What area is best ?

What Resort will suit us best ? Coming out Aug 10th for 2 weeks ( me hubby 3 kids age 12,10,9 ) we would like to stay somewhere with a good beach nearby a hotel with a pool, probably stay B&B or 1/2 board AI if cheap enough?? But we do like to get out and about in an evening going to bars & restaurants with good entertainment ect. Through the holiday we like to fill some days with waterparks, markets, excursions... We are still undecided between PDI & PR what would be a good area for us in Playa del Ingles ? can you also recommend a hotel or street that would be a good starting point... I posted this a few days ago on GC forum and have looked at PR so was wondering if PDI is as steep of an area ?

PS we wont be hiring a car also can anyone recommend any suitable hotels / resorts

Thanks in advance

5 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
427 reviews
295 helpful votes
1. Re: What area is best ?

If you have kids PR

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: What area is best ?

Thanks GAZEFC1 can you advise me of a hotel or area that's best for us .. ie near nightlife restaurants beach ? ive been looking at area around Playa Revoli and Rio Pedras apts ? would you consider any of these to be near the nightlife restaurants bars ect … Thanks in advance

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
12,386 posts
89 reviews
114 helpful votes
3. Re: What area is best ?

Pink. This is the PDI forum. If you’ve now settled on PR you’ll get more replies if you post on the forum specific to PR.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
91 reviews
167 helpful votes
4. Re: What area is best ?

It is easy to just say PR with no explanation of why so perhaps more detail is needed. Personally I am not a fan of PR although there are a few places I have read about on here which may be worth another look.

But to your question:

I would look at Hotel Margaritas or the Eugenie Victoria.

Close to several centres for restaurants and entertainment, some better than others. Tropical and Yumbo are both good Chapparel, Kasbah leave a little to be desired.

The waterpark is easy to get to and the same bus takes you to Palmitos Park

PDI is a better transport hub than PR. Most bus routes to other parts of the island and to the centre pass close by.

There is a market at San Fernando which is walkable.

The beach is amazing.

PDI is flat. To get to the beach though you have to go downhill as PDI is basically a plateau built on a not very high clifftop.

If the two hotels mentioned don't suit look at the Caterina and possibly consider an apartment on Avda Tirajana, the best of the locations in PDI

Edited: 6:41 am, June 13, 2019
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
427 reviews
295 helpful votes
5. Re: What area is best ?

I could have engaged more, but having stayed at both, and having kids myself, if you have kids PR wins hands down.

PDI, has very little for children. If you are in Melonares and staying in one of the 'resorts' then, you may not even leave it.

I come to PDI at least once a year, and if I had kids, I would not come here.

The resort suits me and my wife perfectly, and as you say manzana, this is the PDI forum, and I cannot really think of one reason to stay here if you have children.

Reply to: What area is best ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles