We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazon Alexa -would it work

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Amazon Alexa -would it work

Thinking of bring an Alexa Dot with me, mainly for music, radio etc. Anyone know if it will work? The apartment has WiFi. Thanks

4 replies to this topic
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazon Alexa -would it work

Technically yes. If the hotel has a portal that is uses for guests to connect to though (Which I think most hotels do), Alexa doesn't handle these very well. If you have a good data plan, you could use the hotpsot function on your phone to allow Alexa to connect.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
592 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazon Alexa -would it work

We were in a private rental apartment last year and we could hear a group of Irish ladies in the next door rental using their Amazon Alexa for music etc, so I imagine that the answer is yes.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amazon Alexa -would it work

Thanks I'll give it a go

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,687 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amazon Alexa -would it work

Agree with Mark S. A Wi-fi portal could be troublesome. I get around this using a TripMate Nano by Hootoo to create a personal Wi-fi hot spot from their network. The dot connects to the HooToo. Some hotels block routers but it’s not that often.

Failing that, I use my iPhone to stream Amazon Music via the app to a Bluetooth speaker. Endless possibilities.

Reply to: Amazon Alexa -would it work
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles