We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirates village

Which Santa Ponsa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Pirates village

We've just booked up for next July/August, looks like it will be great but slightly concerned by some of the reviews about the previous hotel. Any feedback from anyone who goes there or has been would be appreciated x

UK
Level Contributor
205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pirates village

Hello

I can understand your concerns based on the reviews on the website. We have stayed there as a family on 7 separate occasions (although not since they changed to providing the all inclusive). Clearly for us to have gone back so many times it worked for us on many levels!

We liked the location of the hotel - away from the bars and restaurants but only a short walk to them and the beach. (A review that says a taxi cost 10 Euros to get to the beach is nonsense as by the time you walked to the taxi rank you would only have to walk across the road and you would be at the beach. It took us 5 mins to walk to beach - may be 10 if you are really strolling). There is also an Eroski supermarket opposite the hotel as well as some smaller shops within a couple of minutes walking distance including a wonderful bakery.

People complain about the noise from the main road. It never bothered us to any great extent and we actually preferred the apartments on that side!

We found the staff at the hotel to be wonderful and always helped us with any problems. I have seen people be quite rude and agressive to them and in those circumstances I do not blame the staff for being rude back to them.

The apartments are small and basic (and gettign a little tired looking) - but had everything we needed. Some we stayed in were better than others. I am not sure what their cleaning policy is but on some holidays we would have a maid go in every day and others we just got the towels changed half way through the week. We just cleaned up after ourselves as we went along so there was no

bother.

What explains (IMO) the vastly varying reviews for this hotel is the behaviour of other guests. It is mainly Irish families who stay there (and on the whole they are absolutely wonderful). My children made some lovely friends with other guests who they still write to. It is not unusual for some of the larger family groups to go back the same week/s every year. They can "appear" to take over a bit and unfortunately they are not always well behaved. They never spolit our holidays but there were sometimes that I wished they would shut up! I agree with some of the reviews that said about unruly children.

I think there is a little bit of a mindset in how you deal with things that are not to your liking. We weighed it up on price and had some very good holidays - even if some years things were not totally perfect. (We love where we stay now - it has everything we want but it does cost us at least twice as much). If you are the sort of person (and in no way meant as a criticism) that would find it difficult to overlook not everything being to your liking then you may want to change your booking!

UK
Level Contributor
205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pirates village

Also meant to say if there is anything specifically worrying you happy to answer any questions through boards or PM.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pirates village

Thanks for that, really helpful. If I think of an questions will let you know xx

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Pirates village

We have booked with thomas cook to come to your hotel in june next year, we have just been told by thomas cook that they are no longer taking bookings for your hotel but have been told they think?? We will still be staying at your hotel or we could be transfered to another hotel, we booked to stay in the pirates village and thats were we want to stay. We asked if there was a problem with your hotel, is it not ready etc and they said they couldnt confirm, could you please let me know if it is a problem with yourselfs or is it the travel agents?? We cant get a straight answer and are panicking about our holiday and the money we have paid. Thank you annemarie

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pirates village

This is a public travel forum not a hotel chains web site.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,545 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pirates village

frielster, you need to contact Thomas Cook to find out the answer to your question. This is a public forum as Paul has pointed out, not the hotel website or Thomas Cook website.

T M
Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Pirates village

I've booked to stay there too next July, I originally saw the booking through Thomas Cook but when we were ready to book Thomas Cook no longer do the booking. The hotel has only chosen a couple of travel agents to use, one is Jet 2, this is who we've booked with.

The hotel is in the process of a full renovation which the owners expect to be finished by April 2013. check their facebook page if you need to speak to them, I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

If I was you I would contact Thomas Cook though. It might be a case of if you've made the booking they will honour it but I would double check.

Good luck

Sunderland, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Pirates village

Hi T M

You're from my neck of the woods....

We are also going to the Pirates Village in July with Jet 2. We might see you there, I cant wait, never been to this part of Majorca so we're really excited.

When I was making my booking I could only find a couple of sites who would do the booking.

There website is www.granisla.com, I know the different travel agents who do the bookings are on their website.

They are really helpful, I asked the owner a question and he replied straight away. Good luck with Thomas Cook, TM might be right, if they've took the deposit they might have to honour the booking.

ireland west
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Pirates village

I dont think the whole hotel/Appartment Block is getting a full makeover. From what i have been told the rooms will remain the same, which is a shame as they have had better days/years.

Edited: 3:26 pm, April 19, 2013
plymouth
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Pirates village

can anybody tell me if you purchase day passes for pirates village we are going in July 2013 party of six two are staying in hotel nearby ??

Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa