We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bit of information

ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bit of information

we are thinking of booking the gran santa ponsa in june a.i for 4 adults and 2 chrilden aged 4 and 5months.I dont see many reveiws on her about this hotel is this a good place to stay, we have been to santa ponsa before many years ago and arelooking forward to returning do you think this hotel is suitable i know its not home but we would like the hotel to be clean and good kids club for my 4 year old granddaughter much appreciated.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,637 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bit of information

I've not stayed there, but I have gone past it lots of times, and it is about 5 minutes walk from the beach, but on a main road, so maybe not brilliant views.

Some of the reviews mention the kids club and seem pleased with it.

I hope someone who has stayed there will come along soon to answer your question a bit better

Kilmaurs, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bit of information

we stayed in gran santa ponsa 2 yrs ago sorry didn't have kids with us and we went self catering but we really liked it as it was away frm all the noisey pubs but near enough to walk to them also the pool is one of the best we've been to esp wen you have kids . i have heard also that it has a good kids club. anytime we were at the pool the staff were really nice

ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bit of information

thanks for repling so quick.I will probably book these apartments if the kids club is good if there happy the adults will be so cant wait now as we really enjoyed santa ponsa years ago and looking forward to returning. I see there offering premium a.i is this a new thing do you upgrade when you arrive or is it automaticly in the price.

Kilmaurs, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bit of information

dont knw for definite as we dnt go all incl but i think it means u get brand name drinks ....i would honestly say these appartments would b ideal for kids though ...hope u enjoy

UK
Level Contributor
209 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bit of information

We stayed at the Gran Santa Ponsa Apartments for a number of years when our children were small and always had a great time. Since staying it has been through a number of changes so can not comment too much but there are 269 reviews on here so should get a good idea from those.

Good positives about these apartments:-

They are only a short walk on the flat to the beach.

There is an Eroski supermarket directly opposite the hotel

Great pool with a very shallow (almost puddle depth) for very litte ones

Restaurants and bars are a short walking distance away but at the end of the night you get away from the noise.

Some issues we experienced:-

The apartments are basic and quite small. It was not really a problem to us until children got bigger and then we felt cramped.

On one of our holidays there was a very large famly staying who ran havoc through the hotel. Whilst it did not spoil our holiday we were disappointed it was allowed to happen. The reviews mention this type of incident happening a lot.

There is only air conditioning in the living area (but this should not cause too much of an issue in June).

Like most hotels the Gran Santa Ponsa struggles to control the sunbed allocation! When we first went no one could take a sunbed until 10am but bu the last time you had to be up early to grab a bed!

We have now switched to private rentals which work really well with children because of the extra facilities you get.

I think you will have a lovely time in Santa Ponsa and your grandaughter will love feeding the parakeets on the beach.

6. Re: bit of information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa
Recent Conversations