We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

porta ventura

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
porta ventura

Hi

Booked Salou for my two kids and myself. Now feeling a bit apprehensive going with the kids myself ages 10 & 14. Thinking of doing the parks in the evening to pass the evenings what do you think the best deal arrange the tickets before going or wait until i am there.

Any other advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Russia
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: porta ventura

I am not so good in English, we are from Russia. I am

looking for friends for me and my daughter (she is 9 years old). We are

going to visit Salou in March. We are staying in San Diego hotel. Our

plans are -

1) to visit Barcelona (I've booked hostal Centric for 19 - 21 of March,

because it gives us better possibility to see all the attraction there).

2) in Barcelona - Pueblo Espanol, Zoo, Aquarium, Catalunya in Miniatura,

Papabuble (candy's shop, where they cook lollypops before you), fountains,

Sagrada Familia and Barcelona Bus touristic - I think it will be enough

for 3 days with child

3) Tarragona and Reus - I want to show her ancient city of Tarragona

4) 10 days in Port Aventura, that is opened on the 23 of March, and in

Caribe Aquatic park. I think it would be better to buy "Year pass" for

both of us, because 1 day costs about 38 euro for adults, and about 30

for child, and card pass costs 120 for ad. and 90 for children. And we can

go free in both these parks. Caribe Aquatic has indoor covered area and it

is beautiful, because it will be cold in the sea and in the outdoor pool

in the hotel.

5) I have been learning English for 4 years and Spanish for 2 years, so

it can help us to understand each other. I've been to Spain for 3 times,

and my daughter can speak English a little.

If you want to join us in our trip, please, write me and I'll sent you

our photo and more information about us.

London
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: porta ventura

You can buy tickets in the UK that are much cheaper than those in resort. 7 days for 3 or even 14 days for 3. Adult is 67€. Travel agents/Keith Prowse or Attraction Tickets direct sell them.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: porta ventura

You can book online direct with portaventura also -price 67 euros 7 day pass for price of 3 day -adress below

www.portaventura.es

We were in Salou last sept with 3 kids(oldest being 15 yrs) & found that it was great to have prebooked as it saved alot of queuing & i can assure you it would have been no fun standing out in the open for 15+ mins in the high 20s with no shade.Have you considered doing one of the Barcelona trips to pass a day?There are loads of places in Salou to book them without paying over the odds to your rep.The trip we took went to the Nou Camp stadium,Gaudis Sagrada Familia Church,Las Ramblas & the Olympic stadium.We had a great day there leaving Salou at 9.00 in the morning & were back in our hotel at 7.00 that evening.I can't remember at what age the adult price kicked in but it cost 39 euros per adult & 22 euros per child.You can get there by local bus costing 1.40 euro per adult each way or by tourist train costing 2 euro each.Another nice day out very close to Salou by local bus is to visit Tarragona costing 2 euro per adult each way.There's a great shopping centre there (eroski) & the city itself has some great old historical buildings.Hope this helps.Enjoy

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: porta ventura

Just to add,Cambrils(by public bus) is another great place to spend an evening.Alot quieter than Salou with plenty of bars/restaurants & shops.

midlands
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: porta ventura

HI suki

Do be careful about getting back to your accomodation if you're going to the parks at night, esp if you're alone with kids. when we were there they refused to let taxis into the complex at closing time due to fights that had occurred over them previously.

The evening buses are air-conditioned and cheap but can take quite a circuitous route (our hotel was geographgically nearest the park, but last on the route meaning a 50 moinute trip back).

Having said that eveings in the parks are great, lots of shows with fire and lights etc. The final firework/light show over the lake though is very dissappointing and not worth the wait and the crush to leave at the end.

Hope this helps :)

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: porta ventura

Hi Suki

Re the buses from the park back to Salou-they run all through the night but you may have to sit & wait in them for a while at the park as they usually don't move until they have enough people on board to make the trip worthwhile for them.

7. Re: porta ventura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Salou