We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timers to Salou, info please!

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
first timers to Salou, info please!

Hi Guys

Ive looked at all the info on here and have some questions I hope you can answer. First timers to Salou, we are a family of five and our kids ages are from 21 yrs to 10. we have rented a villa at the following location: avinguda vilafortuny. Can someone please advise me of a good transfer company not too expensive? Ive looked and it seems to be 120 euro return? does this sound right?

Also we will arrive quite late, 22.00 hrs and the rental company tells me there is no supermarket open, and when I requested some basics to be left in the villa, bread, milk etc, they refused, saying they dont offer this service. They said there is a mc donalds nearby but I dont even know if this will be open? All we want is a nice cup of tea after travelling and something very light to eat until the next morning when we can find a supermarket nearby, if you can recommend one I would be most grateful.The rental company have also just told me that because we are arriving late we have to pay a fee of 70 euros, which I wasnt expecting. Once we settle in, whats around and about in terms of eateries etc? Thanks in advance.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: first timers to Salou, info please!

it was a debit card, a visa debit. anyway I will get over it, not the end of the world, you have been a great help and i dont have dread now thanks to you Martin and guys! I am actually looking forward to it now, transfer booked through your contact, convenience store stop off sorted, and the rest will all just fall into place! :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: first timers to Salou, info please!

Don't worry about arriving at that time, as there is always something open somewhere. Remember the Spanish don't usually eat until around that time, so just enjoy.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: first timers to Salou, info please!

Carmel as a first timer to salou you will be impressed with what salou has to offer so enjoy, and maybe give us feedback on how your holiday went. You will probably return next year and become a regular on here lol.

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: first timers to Salou, info please!

Hi carmel e we were in salou from the 14th - 21st of may last year , the weather wasnt great . Salou its self is fantastic but next time I wouldnt go till later . Hope you get lucky .

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: first timers to Salou, info please!

Hi carmel e we were in salou from the 14th - 21st of may last year , the weather wasnt great . Salou its self is fantastic but next time I wouldnt go till later . Hope you get lucky .

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: first timers to Salou, info please!

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: first timers to Salou, info please!

Hi carmel e we were in salou from the 14th - 21st of may last year , the weather wasnt great . Salou its self is fantastic but next time I wouldnt go till later . Hope you get lucky .ps take a bus along to Tarragona it is absolutely stunning .

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: first timers to Salou, info please!

Thanks so much guys for all the help and information, I knew I could rely on TA!

29. Re: first timers to Salou, info please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 29, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Salou