We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Advice

Dublin
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodation Advice

We are a family of 4 travelling to Salou in May, flights are booked just can't decide on accommodation. We have two small boys aged 4 and 1. Looking for something along the lines of the Golden Avenida, not an option to book this hotel as doing DIY holiday and can only book as package from Ireland and cost way over budget. My main concern is room size as will have a lot of baggage with 1 year old i.e buggy and cot in room and therefore looking for decent size family room. Also kettle and fridge in room would be nice and good kids club / entertainment programme. Have been looking at Villa Romana, Villa Marina, Dorada Palace and CYE and just cannot decide, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Advice

You can book the golkden avenida through the Thomson hotel only section. It is expensive but worth it. The rooms are great for parents with young kids. The food is good and the staff are excellent.

Also look at the golden port they do have interconnecting rooms and next door to the avenida and you can use all the facilities of the golden avenida.

The salauris palace hotel have family rooms, the vil-La romana is also good for young kids, the dorada palace have self catering rooms for 4-5.

The cye holiday centre is another good apathotel with 1 and 2 bedroom apartments,

The villamarina also has apartments on all inclusive.

If you go a bit further out there is the h10 med village which has apartments and the festival village which has suites on an all inclusive basis these 2 a part hotels are in cap salou a small hilly area popular with young family's. But a mile away from the main resort.

You could also take a look at the portaventura on site hotels that give you free entry into the park every day and massive rooms in all the 4 hotels.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Advice

I don't know your dates/duration but i done a quick search for the avenida and for 1 week in may for the family its 649 pounds half board for a suite, that's for early may but plenty more dates available. The port is about 350 pounds for the same dates but is only 1 room so could be a squeeze but do what many people do and put your buggy out on the balcony when not needed it will save 400 euro roughly. The avenida is good though with plenty of room in the suites and good pool facilities for the younger kids.

If you need to know anything just ask

Edited: 8:11 pm, January 31, 2014
Dublin
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Advice

Hi hmfcno1,

Thanks for the info. Had a look at Thomson and they really are cashing in on the popularity of the Avenida, 9 nights would cost £1533 HB. Looked at some of the other prices on Thomson and they seem to be 50% higher than Alpha Rooms. Best example is the Villa Romana which on Thomson is £1124 sterling HB and €566.76 euro HB on Alpha rooms. I think I will be booking our accommodation through Alpha Rooms once we decide where to go. Really can't justify spending that kind of money on Avenida. Thanks again.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
250 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation Advice

We have just booked Vil La Romana through Alpha Rooms for August. Like you said it saved a fortune. I spent ages looking at all the hotels and we were roughly down to the same four hotels as you but the Vil La Romana has better reviews so we went with that.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
217 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation Advice

Hi Jeannie, I was looking at all the family hotels in Salou for the last month. I liked the Avenida but it was coming out very expensive. I also looked at Golden Port but that was coming out at €1,800 for 9 days half board in July for 2adults 1child as was H10 Salauris Palace. I just booked Vi la Romana yesterday with Travelrepublic for €1,342 half board with free cancellation. Good luck with your decision.

6. Re: Accommodation Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 03, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Salou
Recent Conversations