We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona Airport to Salou Transfer

Nottingham
Level Contributor
165 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona Airport to Salou Transfer

Does anyone have any advice about transferring from Barcelona Airport to Salou? I've looked into Busplana, but it would mean waiting 2 hours at the airport for the next one. Any suggestions?

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona Airport to Salou Transfer

If there are only one or two of you the bus is the only real financially viable option. An airport taxi will cost well over 200 euros. If there are more than two then you might want to consider a private transfer booked from a Salou operator. Email salouvilla@yahoo.co.uk for a quote.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
165 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona Airport to Salou Transfer

Thanks. We have 5 people in total. I have also looked on Travel Republic which seems a good price- not sure how reliable it would be though :S

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona Airport to Salou Transfer

The bus is the cheapest I think plana is probably the most reliable. Other operators like to have that bus full. So you could be waiting for well over an hour. I have transfered from Barcelona and it was 90 minutes hanging around at the airport for other passengers and it was only a 20 seater. Waiting 2 hours for the bus is not a problem going there, its on the way back you need reliability and I think plana bus will be the safest way. Or better still a private taxi even for going back to the airport.

Edited: 5:59 pm, January 26, 2014
edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona Airport to Salou Transfer

Get a coach there and then get a quote from the above (salouvilla@yahoo) for going back.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona Airport to Salou Transfer

Try Suntransfers.com I have been using them for a few years in The Algarve. I have booked with them again for Salou/Barcelona transfer June 2014. Our booking costs €150 each way (Approx £123) for a 12 seater. They provide texts the night before to confirm pick up and emergency telephone details in case you may have any problems. I'm really pleased with them or I would not recommend them. You could advertise your travel and flight times and try to get someone to share. This would half the costs for you. I'm sure there will be many on your flight going to Salou.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
165 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona Airport to Salou Transfer

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think we will get the Busplana to keep costs down for everyone. Does anoyone know if it is essential you book tickets beofre travelling or if you can buy them on board?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelona Airport to Salou Transfer

I went on to Travel republic yesterday just to compare the coach cost. There was no room on the coach to our Hotel for June 13th so they gave us the alternative cab price. There was however places on the return journey, €79 for our group. Glad we have already booked. Hope you get booked. Good luck.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelona Airport to Salou Transfer

Iovinabargain I would book in advance just to make sure, but I don't think you need to.

Tarragona, Spain
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelona Airport to Salou Transfer

You can buy the ticket in www.busplana.com, bus stop is in Terminal 1, in 1 hour half moreless you arrive to Salou. There are many bus stops in the town.

Colombes, France
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Barcelona Airport to Salou Transfer

Hi !

Need Help please...

I will arrive on the 10th of august at the Barcelona airport at 11:55 p.m.

I would like to go directly to Salou.

I do not find good transport solutions and I do not want to take a taxi because it is too expensive.

Could you help me please?

Bonjour,

J'arrive le 10/08 à 23H55 à l'aéroport de Barcelone.

Je souhaite me rendre dans la foulée à Salou sans être obligé de faire un arrêt pour la nuit à Barcelone.

Je ne trouve pas de solution satisfaisante à part prendre un taxi mais c'est trop cher.

Quelqu'un pourrait-il m'aider ?

Merci d'avance.

Get answers to your questions about Salou