We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish elders

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spanish elders

Thanks for all your replies! Knew the wise owls would not let us down! Will deffo go in search of the train station/old town and me thinks a trip to tarragona will be on the cards....appreciate the advice mr Aston re Easter, we actually were in Salou last Easter and after reading horror stories courtesy of the daily mail on line, was surprised that student watching became quite a pleasant pass time for us! Once we'd pulled up a chair with a beer that is...

Just one more question, we are aware now about the Spanish elders having their jollys at Easter having encountered a rather large crowd of them at the med playa last year (no problem to us, gave me chance to practice my three word Spanish language, buenos Dias/ tardes/noches.) however, are the elders restricted to certain hotels or are they free to rock up at any establishment they choose?? Understand it's a free jaunt courtesy of the Spanish government?? Thanks in advance.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spanish elders

Hi Dora the explorer, as far as I've seem, they are unrestricted. Usually a pleasant bunch and makes the town busy, only downside I've seen is they can sometimes hog the best seats, depending on what the entertainment in the hotel is. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a group of 15-30 taking over an area. Fun to watch though and the older males do tend to look after the females.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
10,553 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spanish elders

I found the Spanish pensioners to be very pleasant .

Better than a load of drunken students.

These holidays are not free but they are heavily subsidised.

3. Re: Spanish elders

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Salou