We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Major mess up with holiday booking with onthebeach.com

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
OM2
London
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Topic
Major mess up with holiday booking with onthebeach.com

Holiday booking made with onthebeach.com for 25th October - 2nd November

PROBLEM: the hotel booked with closes tomorrow for the whole season

I've been literally trolling this forum asking loads and loads of questions

(All replies have been super helpful - thanks to everyone)

For 3/4 days, I'd been looking at one hotel on onthebeach.com website: Playa Margarita

It was the *only* hotel that had room for 5 people in one single room booking with full board

I ended up calling onthebeach.com. I spent 45 minutes or so on the phone and made the booking. I called (and not booked online) to make sure that 5 people in family room *actually* meant 5 people!

Before that the day before, I had emailed the hotel asking if 5 people meant 5 people - they said yes

After booking, I emailed the hotel with a few questions, like making sure we would have a cot + food being available as we would be arriving after 10.30pm

The hotel replied saying that they couldn't find the booking reference - but in any case, they were closing for the whole season tomorrow

I called onthebeach.com. The hotel is no longer on their website showing as available for booking. I spoke to someone who said that they would now look for alternative accommodation that was either the same spec or better than what we had booked + full board. They said sorry and apologies that there was an error on their website

I have trawled through absolutely every single website on the internet and can vouch for the fact that there aren't any hotels that match our 5 people criteria

(OK... maybe I'm exaggerating... I probably didn't visit absolutely *every* single website!)

I asked if the worst came to worst and that a match couldn't be found that I was happy with... what would happen?

Answer: hotel refund - but not flights

onthebeach.com will come back to me either later tonight or tomorrow (100% guarantee given for this) with an alternative. I've been told that they will be looking at a much bigger variety of hotels - more than onthebeach.com website shows and that they are confident of finidng a match that I would be happy with

Playa Margarita: ticked all our boxes - it wasn't just about the rating... but also other things like having kids clubs, Wifi and importantly location. So, now, I'm sceptical of finding another match

Don't know what to do - just think it's not fair :(

Omar

Birmingham
Level Contributor
781 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Major mess up with holiday booking with onthebeach.com

Hi, Sorry to hear abt Onthebeach but I am not surprised they do have a reputation for messing up on bookings but then again some ppl swear by them.

Have you looked on Travelrepublic? A quick search comes up with 14 hotels & apartments, a couple saying full board:

travelrepublic.co.uk/hotels/…

OM2
London
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Major mess up with holiday booking with onthebeach.com

@momofaz, thanks for the reply

i had a look at the link u gave

95% of results on the link are self catering or room only

+ the details do state 2 adults + 3 children - but the hotel specs ALL say 2 adults + 2 children

i'd spent a lot of time researching - typically on the hotel websites, they will say that u cannot have more than 4 people occupying the room - including infants

there are some self catering places on ur link that say they are for 6 people

there is one match for our number of people: Four Elements Suites

we were going to go for this one - until someone on these forums pointed out that it was 2km away from salou + nothing to do near the place - this is a big put off

the hotel we were booked on was fantastic for location

at this moment in time, i'm holding peace and keeping my frustration inside

i'm hoping onthebeach will pull something out of the bag

is that hopeful thinking?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
781 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Major mess up with holiday booking with onthebeach.com

Well I hope they do come up trumps, they ought too as they are so willing to take your money! What abt the Playa Park hotel? That has good reviews, if not maybe just take the Four Elements if reviews are good. The bus service in Salou is good......

Edit, The Playa park is letting me go to the booking page with the correct number of children/babies.

Edited: 1:26 pm, October 10, 2013
Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Major mess up with holiday booking with onthebeach.com

I had a similar problem with Travelrepublic last month. Our booked and confirmed hotel suddenly became 'full' two days before we travelled.

Four Elements Suites is in a quiet area between La Pineda and Cap Salou. I know for a fact that the local bar closed for the season last week. It will be very quiet there and you will need a car to get anywhere decent.

I did refer you to www.holidaylettings.co.uk and www.homeaway.co.uk in a previous post. These are the two largest owners lettings sites in Europe. There is plenty of availability in many areas of Salou both in town and near the sea front. Here is just one apartment available for rent at the end of the month. A weeks rental for less than 400 euros. OK... so its full self catering and not a hotel but neither is Four Elements and you will be in the centre of Salou close to all the amenities, cafes, bars and the beach.

holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/salou/339273

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Major mess up with holiday booking with onthebeach.com

I would opt for the playa park if it was my choice.

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Major mess up with holiday booking with onthebeach.com

If I could just throw this one in......h10 med village actually caters for 6 in a room. We used them twice for this reason. Im pretty sure they still accept 6 these days. The only thing is it can be a bit pricey. Golden port has interconnecting rooms, which is why we used them this year. so its pretty much the same as one big room, but it does mean paying for two rooms. If you're worried about height our interconnecting rooms were on first floor.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Major mess up with holiday booking with onthebeach.com

That's hard luck, you have experienced quiet a few problems trying to book this holiday im sure you must be very frustrated by now. Honestly Salou is such a lovely area you will have a great holiday no matter where you stay.

I never fully trust third party booking sites and always ring the hotel before using them to be sure they have availability and can fit our family of 5, normally all is grand and they think I am a bit of a loon for ringing checking but your story shows its better to be safe than sorry.

I hope you get sorted soon.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Major mess up with holiday booking with onthebeach.com

I think the only reason why they are not stating 3 children is because you don't pay for the infant. I know that you can get 5 in a room because we have done it at the flamingo oasis in benidorm so u can be sure that your booking for 2 adults and 2 kids will be fine. If you look at hotel websites most state that they do not charge for under 2s. If you go on too the Thomson hotel website the hotel villa romana is available for your dates 1 room half board 8 days for 682 pounds yes it is pricey but available in 1 room

Cheadle, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Major mess up with holiday booking with onthebeach.com

Hi Omar,

Jasmine from On the Beach here. I'm sorry the hotel will be closed for the season. I've just caught up with my colleague and managed to find your booking. An advisor is giving you a call as we speak to sort this out for you. Also, you will receive an email in your Manage My Booking area on our website with alternative options.

I'm sorry, I know this must have been concerning for you. You'd not heard from us because we hadn't heard back from your supplier since last night. This should now be getting sorted for you.

If you need any further assistance, please keep in touch with us via Manage Your Booking.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jasmine

Cheadle, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Major mess up with holiday booking with onthebeach.com

Hi Omar,

Jasmine from On the Beach here. I'm sorry the hotel will be closed for the season. I've just caught up with my colleague and managed to find your booking. An advisor is giving you a call as we speak to sort this out for you. Also, you will receive an email in your Manage My Booking area on our website with alternative options.

I'm sorry, I know this must have been concerning for you. You'd not heard from us because we hadn't heard back from your supplier since last night. This should now be getting sorted for you.

If you need any further assistance, please keep in touch with us via Manage Your Booking.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jasmine

Get answers to your questions about Salou