We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portaventura, passports required??

scotland
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Topic
Portaventura, passports required??

Hi I have bought out portaventura tickets (2 day ticket) and printed off the confirmation with the barcode. Am I right in saying that I have to take our passports when we go to prove we are who it says on the tickets?

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portaventura, passports required??

Yes, photo ID is needed like drivers licence or passport. Its to stop sharing of tickets.

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portaventura, passports required??

A photocopy of your passport or driving license will be ok.

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portaventura, passports required??

Yes I would make a photocopy because I took my passport in with us last week , forgot to bring the photocopy I had printed before I left , and I was nervous the whole day that I would loose it. Mind you there are lockers there that I could have put it in but I was happier with it on me :) After all that I wasn't asked for it by the girl at the desk as they were very busy that day as it was school tour day !!!! Worst day to go to PortAventura for future reference . :)

Regards Deedee

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Portaventura, passports required??

i've just got the 4 day 2 park pass's do i need to show a passport every time i go to the park or just the first time and can anyone tell me can i just go there and pick the tickets up to use at a later date ie first visit next day or do i have to use 1 visit straight away.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Portaventura, passports required??

Just when you are asked at the gate, they may not ask but if they do they can refuse you entry. Pick the tickets up when you are going it will save you the journey.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Portaventura, passports required??

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help ? I have seen on the Portaventura site that there is cheaper tickets for disabled people if proof of 33% disability is shown, Does anyone know if proof of DLA would be ok ? And also can you get a carers ticket if you show proof that you are the registered career ? I have emailed the park direct but am getting no response.

Edited: 3:24 pm, June 29, 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Portaventura, passports required??

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help ? I have seen on the Portaventura site that there is cheaper tickets for disabled people if proof of 33% disability is shown, Does anyone know if proof of DLA would be ok ? And also can you get a carers ticket if you show proof that you are the registered carer ? I have emailed the park direct but am getting no response.

Edited: 3:25 pm, June 29, 2013
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Portaventura, passports required??

Went last week, never asked me for id, just stamped my hand with ultraviolet stamp that they shine a light over to see when you go back in, also kept the bar coded ticket to show again as they require to see it again.

scotland
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Portaventura, passports required??

Thanks for all the replies. Didn't think about just showing my drivers license, that would be easier as I always have that in my purse anyways.

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Portaventura, passports required??

yep..its portaventuras way of closing the loophole that enabled folk to pass or sell on their 7/14 day passes to other folk. Which was a real benefit for many.