We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does this seem reasonable

glasgow
Level Contributor
115 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Does this seem reasonable

Hi

Going to salou on the 30th June - staying half board - taking £1200 for the 2 weeks - that's for 2 adults and a 5 year old - we both drink beer when on holiday and occasional local spirit and not big lunch eaters - will be buying tickets for theme park before leaving

Really just wondering if £100 is enough for that on a daily basis

glasgow
Level Contributor
115 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does this seem reasonable

I meant £1400 not £1200 - my math skils are failing me this morning. :-)

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does this seem reasonable

We get by on 50 euros per day per person, which is generous, so you are not far off. Just in case you have over spent have you thought of buying your PA tickets before you leave the UK?

Get them from here:-

http://www.attractiontix.co.uk/

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does this seem reasonable

Yeah that should be fine. And remember when you exxhange it thatl be about 1600e

glasgow
Level Contributor
115 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does this seem reasonable

That's great thanks

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does this seem reasonable

I would say 115 euro is enough per day. You may spend more some days and less others but that will defo cover your whole stay. Get the beers and wine at the local supermarket much cheaper and better and get drinks and snacks for your child for night time, this will save you a few euros. Make sure you have plenty of toiletries and suntan lotion/after sun because it's quite expensive there for these items. Most other things can be bought there for the same price as the UK as long as you stay away from British brand names

glasgow
Level Contributor
115 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does this seem reasonable

That's great thanks for the heads up

Lincoln, England...
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does this seem reasonable

i am going with my m8 on june 25 and so far i have 715 euros and this what i have planed we get there tuesday at 9.30 spain time not doing alot that day then wensday and thursday am at portaventura then the friday at the camp nou going to book water park for the sataday then just chill till we go home on the tuesday but will be drinking few nights aswell is this enough as am thinking of takeing 1000 and my m8 is only takeing 300 for the week all my tickets have been booked allready and paid for

Coventry
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does this seem reasonable

Depends how long you're going for, Carl.

I'd say your "m8" is cutting it very fine with €300, but If you have everything paid for and don't go out at night, he'll be fine.

I budget myself €100 a day and usually come back with a few hundred.

Lincoln, England...
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does this seem reasonable

no m8 we going out every night its is own fault so not my problem and everything paid for my stuff ............ he still need to get is park tickets and water park tickets then get train to barca so 1000nwill do me then as got bring bits bk for my kids aswell only going for the week

Edited: 8:21 am, May 21, 2013
uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does this seem reasonable

Quite frankly your mate wont last with 300. As long as hes got food already paid for at the hptel he could stretch it, but it would be a real stretch. But if he needs to buy theme park and waterpark tickets then i think he wont manage. As an average 100e a day is the starting mark to be reasonably ok. Train to barcelona is around 15e.

Edited: 1:35 pm, May 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Salou
Recent Conversations