We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Salou or Cap Salou

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Salou or Cap Salou

I want to go in (late) august in salou with my boyfriend for 7 nights. I can't decide where to stay: Salou or Cap Salou. In Cap Salou I like the beach of Best Cap Salou hotel but the reviews aren't so good. The most important thing for us is the beach: we don't want a big, large beach with umbrellas and sunbeds, but a small beach, with pines and nature around and good for snorkeling. I don't think i can find that in Salou.

Our budget is around 800e/ 2 persons with half board or 5-600e without any meal. The cost of 7 nights with half board at Best Cap Salou is 738e/2 pers.

I want some recommendations for hotels near a beach that we like. We don't expect extra comfort, just a clean room and a private bathroom and some good food.

Thank you very much!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Salou or Cap Salou

The negresco or the Cala font both reasonably priced in cap or try cambrils/vilafortuny area.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
824 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Salou or Cap Salou

We stayed here and loved it! www.goldenhotels.com/en/port-salou-spa/

uk
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Salou or Cap Salou

Cap salou is the quieter part of salou. Its excellent for avoiding the evening noise, but close enough to salou centre to walk to. BUT, the beach at cap salou is just as busy as the beach in the main centre. it also has sun beds and umbrellas that can be hired and that are spread around the beach, like the main beach in salou, the only difference is that its smaller.

Its probably not as chaotic as the main one, but still as busy. If you are looking for more quieter and refined then you might want to consider cambrils. Its far nicer and pleasant there, and still a short easy bus ride into salou for a lively night. Or you can stay around cambrils, which is very pleasant to mooch around.

The prices in august are going to be at there most expensive though. Ideally you might want to consider September, which tends to be one of the cheapest times of the year. I can recommend negresco as ive been there 3 times. I probably wouldn't recommend sunclub hotel which is in cap salou, but that doesn't mean you wont like it, but its probably one of the cheaper ones at that location, including the one you have looked at.

look at cambrils. it sounds more to what you are looking for.

also theres not much snorkelling in cap salou, though there more rocky areas, so you might see some stuff. theres definitely no pine trees etc etc either in salou, cap salou or cambrils.

Edited: 12:37 pm, April 14, 2013
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Salou or Cap Salou

hi cap salou is quiet ,try the negresco hotel its right on the beach you cant go wrong ,we always stayed in salou but for our last 3 holidays we booked the negresco

5. Re: Hotel in Salou or Cap Salou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Salou