We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona for 2 days, salou for 5, tips?

London
Level Contributor
465 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona for 2 days, salou for 5, tips?

I've never been either, but think I might try this trip in June, just wondering about getting from Barcelona to salou, I assume there is a train that can get me there? Is this the quickest and easiest option?

Also, what is the nightlife/restaurants like on salou?

I'm think of staying at the hotel golden avenida suites, is this in a god location for the centre and a nice beach?

Also, how do you get to port adventure from salou? Is it very close?

Thanks for any help!

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona for 2 days, salou for 5, tips?

You can get the train from Barcelona to Salou (not sure of the cost). Keep your wits about you in Barca, it's very busy and the Crime rate is high.

You can get a local bus to PortAventura, it will take 20 minutes and will cost around €2 each way (or less if you buy a travel card)

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Salou
Salou
Costa Dorada, Spain
Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona for 2 days, salou for 5, tips?

Its very easy getting the train from Barcelona to Salou the journey takes around 90 mins and costs approx €8 one way.

Portaventura would be around a 20 mins walk from the Golden Avenida or there is plenty of buses going to and from Salou to Portaventura.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Salou
Salou
Costa Dorada, Spain
London
Level Contributor
465 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona for 2 days, salou for 5, tips?

Thanks for the help people, seems an easy enough trip to put together.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona for 2 days, salou for 5, tips?

Three options for Salou to Barcelona:-

1). Plana bus/coach. Picks you up from many places in Salou. Cheap enough but takes 2 hours.

2). Slow train from Salou station. Takes just over 90 minutes but its a great ride as the line hugs the coast so some good views. No buffet car on train so take some refreshments.

3). Fast train from Salou station. Takes just over an hour.

Nightlife in Salou is very good. In the season you can boogie on until 6am. Pubs open until 2am and then British and/or European clubs until 6am.

Restaurants galore catering for all sorts of tastes. Spend as little as 5 euros or hit the 5* gourmet restaurants at 100 euros per head. Your choice.

Mentioned in this post
Salou
Salou
Costa Dorada, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
5. Re: Barcelona for 2 days, salou for 5, tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Salou