We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days for Port Aventura?

Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
831 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
How many days for Port Aventura?

Hi we are going to Salou again this summer in July (14th 'til 25th) and are looking at going to Port Aventura.

We've been a few times but this was in September and last time in July but we bought ourselves an Express Pass because we we're only going for Shambahla.

Now this year we would like to do the WHOLE park yet we don't know how many days we should count for this? It's high summer so I'm expecting huge crowds.

we normally have free access with our Bobbejaanland season pass but as of this year this advantage will no longer be included, so it's the first year in which we have to actually buy tickets. I'd like to do this in advance so I can get the cheapest tickets, so I'd need to know how many days to stretch out for it.

BF and me are not very good with the heat so we'll probably be going in the morning un'til a bit after lunchtime, then head back to our hotel for a swim during the hottest of the day (H10 Europa Park) and head back to the park after dinner...

We're not looking at doing the aquapark seeing as Aquapolis seems more interesting.

Any advice on how many days and which days of the week? Thank you very much!

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days for Port Aventura?

I usually go for the 3 day 2 park ticket. With this ticket the 1st day has to be used in the theme park the 2nd consecutive day at the theme park or the waterpark or both then the 3rd pay you can use within 7 days of first using the ticket. With this you can take your time and there's no rush to get round the park.

Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
831 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days for Port Aventura?

I was looking at these at attractiontix.co.uk , they're 8€ cheaper there at the moment compared to booking directly at PA.

Seeing as the waterpark is included in those, we might give it a visit after all. Would save us a trip back to the hotel on the second day seeing as we can go for a swim there then.

Does it matter which days of the week we're going, or will all be evenly crowded?

Also can we bring drinks/snacks in with us or not? A few reviews on attractiontix state that you can't yet I'm pretty sure I brought a bottle of water with me last time. Drinks are pretty expensive so it would be nice to save on those!

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days for Port Aventura?

I have never seen anyone being searched for food and drink however some reviews and comments on here mention people having their bags searched so it is probably done randomly.

I think bank holidays and weekends seem to be busier so maybe better going on a weekday.

Lincoln, England...
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days for Port Aventura?

hi there am going july 2 till the 12 what are the best times to go and is the park open at night

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days for Port Aventura?

The park is usually open until midnight during July so you can go in during the day then leave and go back in the evening. The parade and fireworks are very good and worthwhile staying to watch.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How many days for Port Aventura?

I have never seen anyone searched either but it has often been mentioned on here by people whom it did happen to.

Best time to go is first thing when it opens and later in the evening. If you do go for the whole day then go and see some of the indoor shows when it is very hot, make sure to start queueing for these earlier than the start time.

Weekends are very busy best avoided any time of the year. The start of the week is usually the quietest as long as ther is not a public holiday.

There is a refillable cup you can buy and get it refilled at a cheaper price, you can bring it in with you if you go for a return visit. It is worth putting a few bits in your bag as everything costs more in the park. Just don't overload your bag and draw attention.

7. Re: How many days for Port Aventura?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Salou