We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone booked hotel direct?

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
anyone booked hotel direct?

hi

has anyone booked there holiday direct to the hotel ?

hotel villamarina is doing all inclusive for 7 days 656 euro for family of 4! i think is brilliant \would like to see what others think as not really clued up with all this booking hotel etc

many thanks

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: anyone booked hotel direct?

Oh I didn't realise lol early morning reading lol was still had asleep haha .

I've book with easyjet hotel and flights today :0) balance to b paid 25 th may

Which is great for us .. X

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: anyone booked hotel direct?

i want to book with hotel direct Villamarina , but after reading the comment about the flights being cancelled im not sure , can any one let me know if they have had any problems please

Kilbirnie...
Level Contributor
187 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: anyone booked hotel direct?

we go on holiday 3 or 4 times a year one being our main 2 weeks summer hol which we do package

then we fly ryanair and book separate flights and hotel for our other wee hols, we have just booked salou for end of april for 3 days half board at the augustus hotel, we always like beach front, for family four was a a little over £200 all in xx

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: anyone booked hotel direct?

hi thank you, have you had any problem with flights? cancellation etc

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: anyone booked hotel direct?

Like I said earlier disruptions can happen at anytime but I would not worry about it just be prepared for it. You will save a good amount of cash if you book direct.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: anyone booked hotel direct?

Claire I would book it now. Any further delay and the flights will be more expensive and the hotel may go up in price. Go for it, the worst that can happen is an extra few days on your holiday.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: anyone booked hotel direct?

Hi lichi66, was it my observation you are referring too? If so I am sorry to have alarmed you. The reviews I read were by someone who's family member became sick on hols and villamarina were very helpful also when there were flight problems during the volcanic ash crisis they apparently were very good too. So if I were you I would feel even more confidante booking with them.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: anyone booked hotel direct?

thank you everyone , this has helped me decide Xx

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: anyone booked hotel direct?

I have all but given up on booking a hotel direct unless I know the manager. On three occasions I have gone into three different Salou hotel receptions ready with cash to get their 'best' deal. Before accepting the deal I have logged onto a hotel internet kiosk. On all occasions I have got a better deal online with either Alpharooms, booking.com or expedia. Even then after showing the hotel my deal online they could/would not match it.

Alpharooms in particular sometimes offer deals where you do not have to pay until you arrive with a small cancellation charge.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: anyone booked hotel direct?

I have found that too martin, in the majority of cases booking sites offer a better quote but it is still worth ringing direct to be sure. Also sometimes booking sites list the accommodation as been unavailable and when I ring the hotel they have availability. I priced Villamarina a few years ago and booking direct was the cheapest way.

Get answers to your questions about Salou