We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Holiday Ideas Barcelona / Salou

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
Save Topic
Family Holiday Ideas Barcelona / Salou

Hi

We hope to take the kids to Spain this year. It will be our first family holiday and I am a little stuck as to where to go. we hope to travel June 23 - 30th

Our Son 6 wants to visit the aquarium and we also have a 3 yr old. Can anyone recommend a good hotel with a swimming pool that is kids friendly near Barcelona or Salou.

Thanks

Lincoln, England...
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Holiday Ideas Barcelona / Salou

all hotels will have pools and have look …thomson.co.uk/destinations/...dorada/.../ho…

is link tell me what you think

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Holiday Ideas Barcelona / Salou

The golden avienda is a family hotel and very very popular. Salou is 1km from portaventura which has a theme park with 4 onsite hotels which are great but more expensive.

Villa Romana is on the outskirts and another good hotel, take a look at the reviews, you are really spoilt for choice.

Cambrills campsite is one of the most popular in Europe, check it out on keycamp but remember availability books up really fast.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Holiday Ideas Barcelona / Salou

Klancy salou would be my first choice. The flight is short the transfer from airport is short and there is 2 water parks and the best theme park in Europe.the beaches in salou are safe for kids and salou is very flat so its easy to walk around.

There is lots of tours to Barcelona or you can make your own way there on public transport.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Holiday Ideas Barcelona / Salou

Salou the flight is short and its a has loads to do for family's.. have a look on the family things to do post about things to with the resort ect..

have a look on Thomas cook and or direct holidays, the villia marina club is good and its family hotel and its a ten mins walk to the beach but they run a bus to and from the hotel to the main drag... Its and all inclusive hotel. depends if you want all inclusive or self catering but even if you go all inclusive you could still eat out in some of the family eating out places, just because you all inclusive it does not mean you tied to just staying at the hotel its there to fall back on if you run out money or just if you wanna eat at you hotel few nights

Plenty for everyone to do, young & old. Lots of bars, restaurants and entertainment. Plenty of shops to go shopping. Beach lovely & clean, plenty of transport with in easy reach to take you different places and very reasonable. Theme park & water parks are very good days out.

There is also a handicraft market which runs every night from 7pm – 12 midnight and the sandman is awesome!! You should buy a piece of his art! If you turn left at Burger King you will come to it. A tip for Portaventura Theme Park: Buy the tickets this end, we used 365.com, but do not forget to take your voucher with you! We took ours, as to me its one of the things you check b4 you go! But were amazed when we were transferring ours the number of people who had forgotten! How, I don't know!! Once inside there is an information desk to your right (don't go to the one outside the turn styles, unless transferring your vouchers, as the queue is too long!) In here you can purchase fast track tickets, a MUST! It cost me 23 euros each, which maybe a bit steep on top of the theme park tickets, but it saved so much time! You can also if lucky get them on eBay hand, but as we didn't know if wed get this holiday, I couldn't do that!

Edited: 6:19 am, January 12, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Holiday Ideas Barcelona / Salou

Thank you so much for all that information. i have booked the dorada palace hotel. just need to book the transfers now can you recommend a cheap transfer bus? I was looking at go hop but they are coming in at €72 and I also looked at bus plana and they coming in at €40 approx. have you used any of these or can you recommend another company.

thanks again

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Holiday Ideas Barcelona / Salou

Try travel republic for transfers I have always used them and usually they are the cheapest. But plana are very reliable which is important for your return journey.

7. Re: Family Holiday Ideas Barcelona / Salou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 14, 2014