We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on hotels and besy way to book

england uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
advice on hotels and besy way to book

hi everyone not sure if anyone can help but me and my hubby stayed in salou for our honeymoon few yrs back and have decided to return again in the summer (2013) but this time with our 3 children i have been looking into hotels and found that were very limeted to choice with there being 5 of us however we like the look of golden avendia suiets and aquasplash estival resort as both these hotels have 6 bedded rooms and when looking at the brosures the prices were high but we were ok with that and was loking at it costing 1200 per adult and 359 for first child and 429 for second and third and what we wernt expecting is when we tried to book they were quoting us nearly 6000 online which didnt add up to us so my husband went to thomson and enquired in there they to came back with a simular figure when asking why they said that we were being charged for 4 adults and 1 child this didnt seem right according to thomson the hotel expect at least 4 adults in the 6 bedded rooms with 2 children or 2 more adults this totally didnt seem fair we didnt want to have 2 rooms and me and my husban be split up with the children we have also spoke to thomas cook and they dont have any hotels in salou that have the 6 bedded rooms so we would have to have 2 rooms has anyone else had this problem? or can suggest how i can find the hotels any cheaper i know the golden avendia is a thomson only hotel but if anyone else can suggest anything or any good all inclusive family hotels will be a big help thankyou

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice on hotels and besy way to book

I think Thomson,s are at it. I stay at the golden avenida every year and my family of 5 3 adults 2 teenagers stayed in 1 room this year and have done for the last 5 years. What dates are you looking at because the avenida is perfect for young kids. I doubt you will find anything better, the only apart hotels that come close are the dorada palace and the med village(cap salou) you could book separate flights and then book the avenida through the Thomson hotel section on their website.

england uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: advice on hotels and besy way to book

im looking at going june/july the children will be 7, 6, 4 so thought it would be perfect aswell as would aquasplash estival resort in la pinada as you get unlimeted access to waterpark which i know kids would love i just dont want to pay adult prices for 2 of my children why have children prices if they dont apply there is no where on there websites or brosures does it say that 4 adults are needed for the 6 bedded rooms or children will be charged at adult rate we went lanzarotte 2 years ago and had a 6 bedded room and didnt get charged adult prices my daughter was only 2 so only paid the £29 for her but they said we needed the bigger room but didnt charge extra that was with thomascook

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice on hotels and besy way to book

They are charging 2700 for 1 suite end of June for 2 weeks half board for 2 adults 3 kids. get your flight with Ryanair or even Thomson or Thomas cook and it will cost 1500 max. 40 euro taxi each way 4280 total max for the first 2 weeks in July. if you leave it until Dec- Jan time it will be cheaper.

england uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: advice on hotels and besy way to book

cheaper than we had been quoted they not got an all inclusive option? will have to look into cost of flights have never done it this way before always seemed easier to book it all through travel agents so we didnt have the worry suppose we have no choice with the prices there charging at the moment thanks

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice on hotels and besy way to book

Last year 2 adults 3 teenagers all over 15 stayed for 9 days. End of June start of July, half board flights included with jet 2. for just over 2000 and that included 1 night in portaventura hotel. With Thomson they try to force you to pay more than you need to. If you go onto their website and click on their hotel section and choose July they will force you to buy 2 suites. If you choose may and then go to the avenida suites there is a button to choose later dates click later until you get to June and they then only charge you for 1 suite.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: advice on hotels and besy way to book

Also if you book flights with Thomson to reus from say Manchester they are charging 1189 for flights for the same dates that would be 3980 for half board 2 weeks end of June including taxi from airport and back.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: advice on hotels and besy way to book

What's your local airport

8. Re: advice on hotels and besy way to book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, December 16, 2013