We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

H10 Europa Park - anyone been and can give me some info??

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
H10 Europa Park - anyone been and can give me some info??

Hi, just looking at booking the Europa Park for next year.

Has anyone been and can tell me whether this would be a good choice for a mid 20's couple?

Also, are there usually a lot of Brits at the hotel or mainly other europeans?

Finally, is the area around the hotel safe to walk around in?

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: H10 Europa Park - anyone been and can give me some info??

Amy I have never stayed at the europa so can answer only a couple of your questions. I have never felt unsafe in salou it is a safe family resort and has a large police presence especially on the main shopping streets. The europa has a mix of nationalities like all the hotels in salou but there will be a lot of british and irish in your hotel. The europa will be good for your age group very central and close to the beach and portaventura.

Jason

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: H10 Europa Park - anyone been and can give me some info??

Hi Jason.

Thanks for your reply! That's really helpful, thanks! :)

Have heard its similar to magaluf, which isn't really what we're after?! Would you agree?

Thanks, Amy

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: H10 Europa Park - anyone been and can give me some info??

Nothing like it. And i have been to magaluf. Salou is a busy working town not just a resort and is visited by many families who return year after year. Sadly the british students turn salou into magaluf for a week in april this is called salou fest and that is why you have heard the comparisons with magaluf. Salou is great for families and couples and caters for all ages you will not be dissapointed.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: H10 Europa Park - anyone been and can give me some info??

Hi Amy we have been to the Europa Park twice. It is a excellent hotel(have a look at T A reviews). The hotel is clean, good food and in a really nice location a few minutes walk from the shops, bars and beach.

Salou is a nice, very safe resort and nothing like Magaluf. My son has been to both and much prefers Salou

In addition you can visit by Bus resorts like Cambrils which is very laid back and has some excellent seafront restaurants or go a little further afield to Tarragona or Barcelona.

If you go I am sure you will like both the Hotel and resort.

Hope this helps Regards Stevie

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: H10 Europa Park - anyone been and can give me some info??

Brilliant, thank you so much for your help!

Can you recommend any good places to eat/drink?

Amy

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: H10 Europa Park - anyone been and can give me some info??

Thank you Stevie! I too have been to Magaluf and not really looking for that kind of holiday this time!

Amy

London, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: H10 Europa Park - anyone been and can give me some info??

It's a good hotel. I thought a bit middle-aged though. There were a lot of French guests as well as Brits.

It's a not far from the beach - or some bars. Pretty safe.

Luton
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: H10 Europa Park - anyone been and can give me some info??

I went to Magaluf for the first time in 26 years last year but have to say I think Salou is much better - its not perfect but much more laid back than Magaluf. I recently stayed just by the Europa Park, its a very well maintained hotel. My friends were staying in a different hotel so I used to walk back on my own at 4 in the morning and had no problems at all but I suppose really I should have got a taxi just to be sure. I think the only area of Salou which can have a slightly unsafe feel is the main street with the nightlife, its called Carles Buijas and this is only once it gets to the early hours, your hotel is not located in this area. Having said that, I have never had any problems on Carles Buijas but like anywhere if there are a lot of people out drinking there is always the potential for it to kick off. The area of the Europa Park is very safe in my opinion.

Edited: 3:13 pm, September 14, 2012
Luton
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: H10 Europa Park - anyone been and can give me some info??

Sorry, its Carles Buigas.

scotland
Level Contributor
161 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: H10 Europa Park - anyone been and can give me some info??

We went to the Europa Park 5 years ago we had a great time at the hotel no complaints at all great area and felt so safe walking around we were on the second floor facing onto the street it was really gd no probs sleeping hope u have a great time i would def go bk

Get answers to your questions about Salou