We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilafortuny Area

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Vilafortuny Area

Hi , I've been to Salou on previous occasions but fancied a quiter setting this year so we're staying in Vilafortuny however, I'm finding it hard to get information on the area itself.

What I'd like to know is : How long is the walk from Vilafortuny to Salou and what are the public transport options.

What are the pubs / restaurants like in the area ?

What is there to do during the day ?

If someone has stayed in the area previously I'd love your opinion.

Thanks

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilafortuny Area

you can walk from sanguli to the marina in 20 mins it,s not that far. there is a few bars shops and supermarkets in the area and the bus service is very good. You will probably still spend a lot of time in salou or cambrils because its only 5-10 minutes on the bus. you could visit sanguli campsite very nice pool areas or you could just relax on the empty beach.

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilafortuny Area

Hi we stayed in this area a few years back . The beaches are beautiful and as hmfcno1 says the bus service is great . When we were there a bus arrived every 20 minutes or so , you could go either way , Salou or Cambrills .

Its a great area to relax in with the beauty of not being too far from the craic

regards Deedee

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilafortuny Area

Not sure where sanguli is but thanks for your response hmfcn01 , 20 mins walk is perfect , others sites had said 45 mins so I said I'd post here for somene who knows the area. Do u know of any bar's with entertainment or restaurants in the area ?? we are staying on a private complex and there are 10 of us so just need somewhere in the evenings that's easily accessible with the little ones that will keep us all amused.

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilafortuny Area

Thanks deedee exactly what we wanted ...did u travel with kids ? just wondering if u recall how much the buses were for them ?

Thank you :)

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilafortuny Area

I am not sure about kids prices we normally buy a 10 trip ticket which cost 11.50 euro and that gets the 5 of us to and from our destination. There was an irish bar that we went into a couple of years ago which was good food but a bit more expensive than what we had paid in salou. There is plenty of places to eat and you could head into sanguli for their nightly entertainment. Where are you staying?

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilafortuny Area

I wish I could help you but its a few years since we were there . We travelled with our two children who would have been around 9 and 10 at the time . All I can say is that I remember remarking to my husband how cheap it was :)

regards Deedee

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vilafortuny Area

Just noticed your staying in a private complexz which could mean your staying inland which means it could well be a 45 minute walk because you have the two campsites and the coastal road between there and the coast. How far is it from the beach? Or name of complex and i will find out for you for sure.

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vilafortuny Area

Thanks a million guy's , 11.50 is cheap so we'll be fine ....we were thinking of car hire but a book of 10 tckts is great.

We're staying at the Port Marino Complex hmfcno1.

Will check out sanguli on the web for entertainment.

Thanks again :)

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vilafortuny Area

yeah portmarino is inland behind cambrils park I would say you will need a hire car for that area. its a good 1.5 km to the beach from there and there isn,t much in the area. A trip into salou would be easier by bus its about 4 km into salou from there. There is a supermarket about 300 metres away but thats about it unless you walk to cambrils campsite which is 500 metres away. Its mainly residential and villas there and portmarino is right on the edge

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vilafortuny Area

Oh no , car hire is the one thing we didn't want .....we wanted a good bit around it which is the one thing we told the letting agent ....

We were also told there were plenty of bars & restaurants within a short walking distance ....I suppose I'll just have to wait and see now

Thank you hmfcno1 ......

Get answers to your questions about Salou
Recent Conversations