We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips from Salou

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Day Trips from Salou

Hi

Having our first foreign holiday with teenagers (16+14) in July. What tour operators/excursions are recommended ?. I was thinking busplana for monserret & barcelona trips - and i think you get a discount for 2x trips.

Not really interested in Port Adventuras parks.

Maybe a jeep safari or mountain biking ? Or Roman ruins at nearby Tarragona ?

Any thoughts & web addresses much appreciated

Cant wait ....staying in Hotel Calypso

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips from Salou

All your ideas sound good busplana is def the way to go much cheaper than through the reps. Tarragona is fantastic I will def go there again and it is so easily reached from salou. Check out down hill bikes for bike rental.

How come you wouldnt consider the parks, its one of Salous main attractions and your kids are at a great age where they could head off together and do their own thing.

There are also markets on in salou and the surrounding areas. We went to the one in bona vista, its apparently the largest outdoor market in Europe. To be honest we wouldnt go to that one again but we are not really market people. I thought the local one which is smaller better.

If you like magic shows you could go to the house of illusion this gets good reviews on here.

Reading, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trips from Salou

Hi

Thanks for reply.

Kids (and parents) not into scary rides! Not sure re water park as the beaches etc look lovely.

Holidays to date have been UK based & trips to towns as its raining because youngest wont fly.......dont ask :-) Having to go by overnight coach which is ok. So will be an experience to see the sun for us in the school hols LOL

Any other day trips recommended ?...im trying to read the back posts. So far I have:

1) Tarragona & roman ruins - local bus i guess

2) Cambrils - in evenings watch the boats bring in their catches ? local bus ?

3) DownhillBikesSalou.com

4) Barcelona Nou Camp & Shopping - busplana

5) Monserrat & Magic Fountain in Barcelona - busplana

6) Jeep Safari..beyondsalou.com

All help much appreciated.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
755 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trips from Salou

I'm not into scary rides but I have been told there is more to Portaventura than the rides, there are shows and in the evenings, firework display, think it's open until Midnight in the summer, (we go late July, 12 year old son and me!)) plus the water park and one in La Pineda as well. You seem to have a lot to do there, make sure you have enoght time just to chill and relax!!

Edited: 4:19 pm, February 21, 2012
4. Re: Day Trips from Salou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 pm, June 17, 2013