We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train station

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
train station

I'm going to Salou next week, and would like to visit Barcelona one day. I'm sure I've read somewhere that you can get there by train, but after looking on google and elsewhere I can't seem to find a station in Salou. Could anyone please tell me if / where the station is in Salou. Thanks

Wales
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train station

Look at the link below, this tells you where the train station is. There's also a station at Portaventura at the end of the drive in.

salouholiday.co.uk/salou-train-station.html

LJS
UK
Level Contributor
74 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train station

I was in Salou last week in May and went to Barcelona on the train last Thursday.

There is a train station in the centre of Salou (Train service is called RENFE so signposted Estacio de Renfe). On a weekday the morning trains to Barcelona leave at 8.47 or 10.17 and return ticket was 12.60 euro. Trains back around every 1.5hours from Barcelona Sant Franco - I got the 19.17. Train takes around 2 hours. In Barcelona you can walk, hire bikes, take a tourist hop on- hop off bus day ticket or use the underground Metro - from 1.40e for single trip or day pass available.

The Plana Bus offices - there are a few of them in Salou - stock leaflets for their trips but one called "Plano Guia de Barcelona" has a handy map of Barcelona and the main attractions on it so worth picking one up before you go. For 12.25e you can also get a 10 trip bus pass which will cover any journey on the bus between Cambrills - VillaFortuna - Salou - Cap Salou - PortAventura - La Pineda - Tarragonna. The 10 trip can be used as you like , 5 returns for 2 people or 10 single journeys.

Gosport, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: train station

hi

When you catch the train from salou what station do you end up in Barcelona?

People mention different ones.

TIA

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train station

Thanks for the advice - found the station and the trip was really easy. Station staff were clearly used to people going up to Barcelona (and having limited Spanish!), so there's no problems getting tickets or anything.

SweepSD - the trains stop at 3 stations in Barcelona - Sants, Passeig de Gracia and Franco. Lots of people got off at Sants, but Passeig de Gracia is the most central.

Gosport, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: train station

Hi

Just an update - took the train from Salou to Barcelona \ passeig de gracia. Which is within easy walking distance of the Ramblas. 12.60 euro return.

A few points - we caught the 10.13 train from salou and there was a massive surge to get onto the train - lots of pushing and squeezing - be careful someone tried to pickpocket me here and I felt it his hand in my short side pocket and crushed it - although he pleaded his innocence he scarper away very quickly when I let go.

Returning to salou - the station is underground in Barcelona and the enterance is near another entrance for the metro. We also didn't realise that the return ticket had to shown to the ticket office to give you a pass to let you through the barrier.

Hope this is of help

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train station

Does anyone know if it is possible to walk to nou camp stadium from the train station or would you need to get buses? also how long does the train journey take from salou to barcelona?

7. Re: train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:38 am, June 29, 2012