We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benalmadena Pueblo

Guardamar del...
Level Contributor
64 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Benalmadena Pueblo

We're due to visit this area at the beginning of February staying at La Fonda apartments, and would appreciate some advice on the best restaurants to eat out. What is there available close to the apartments especially for our first night as we'll be arriving about 9.30/10pm? We prefer to eat "local" and not being fussy eaters will try most things. To help us budget accordingly what kind of prices should we expect to pay for a 2/3 course evening meal with/without wine for 2. I've also been searching the net for things to do. Quite fancy a visit to Tivoli world and the Cable car but not sure if these would be open? We love walking and getting out and about using public transport when available, (gives hubby a break from driving!) but would really appreciate if someone can let us know the distances between Arroya de la Miel (spelling?) and Benalmadena Costa. I know there is a bus service available but is it easy enough to walk to? Last January we spent 4 days in the Costa del Sol and the weather was awful so we're hoping it will be kinder to us this time around especially as this visit is around 2 weeks later. Any information would be much appriecated. Thanks in advance!

PAW
Banbury
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Benalmadena Pueblo

Hello again Walker07, when in Benalmadena Costa do visit Paloma Park, loads of wildlife and very beautiful.

Guardamar del...
Level Contributor
64 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Benalmadena Pueblo

Hi PAW, only just read your reply, sorry! Yes I've read about Paloma Park and it is on our list of things to do, but can you tell me exactly whereabout it is. It sounds great and the photos I've seen via other links look beautiful. Would we have to take a bus from Pueblo, or is it within walking distance? Also it's difficult for me to visualise how big it is. Any idea? Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to reply. It's much appreciated!

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Benalmadena Pueblo

I'll let Paw direct you to Paloma Park from Benalmadena Pueblo. He (though I suspect it may be his child bride who responds!) certainly knows the way well enough.

I can tell you that in size terms, Paloma Park is about half as big as Aberdeen's Victoria Park. However, the warm sunshine and al-fresco bar as you enter from the Benal Beach gate more than make up for that shortcoming.

Benalmadena Pueblo
Level Contributor
747 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Benalmadena Pueblo

Halfway up the road from the motorway near Benalmadena Pueblo to Mijas is a footpath leading up the mountain to where the masts for telecommunications are. The view from there is even more spectacular than the one from the cable car mountain. Allow at least 2 hours. Also Mijas Tourist Office offer free guided walks once a week from Mijas pueblo.

15. Re: Benalmadena Pueblo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 22, 2009