We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tablets / English speaking chemist

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tablets / English speaking chemist

Heading to Bena this weekend , looking to buy some tablets , will bring boxes and prescription, can anyone recommend chemist in and around Hotel Villasol or 20 minutes walk or so

On a unhealthy question what the opening hours/days for tobacconist shops

Thanks in advance

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,621 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tablets / English speaking chemist

From the Villasol head along the main road towards the Marina end of town. Just after the road to the marina there is a Farmacia at 24hr Sq by the Tourist Info Office. There is a Tabacs in the parade of shops just after Hotel Triton while you are heading that way too.

Generally open around 10 until 2pm then 5 thru to 09.00, closed sat afternoon and all day sunday & Bank holidays/festival days.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tablets / English speaking chemist

With regards to the Farmacia, if you turn right out of the Hotel and walk along to Plaza Solymar (other side of the road where all the nightclubs are) then just along from there on that small parade you will see the Farmacia!! The speak perfect English.

Also, on the window outside there will be a list of Farmacia's that are open 24 hours, there will be a different one every day in the locality, so always worth jotting down the information just in case you need to get a taxi to one of them :)

On the way back to your Hotel, cross over at the Supersol zebra crossing and you'll see the Tabac shop in front of you by the taxi rank. The opening times vary from store to store, but mid morning or late afternoon Monday to Friday is about right for most of them :)

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tablets / English speaking chemist

My local Tabac opens Monday to Friday 8:30 to 13:30 and 16:30 to 19:30. On Saturday it opens 8:30 to 13:30 and it is closed all day Sunday. Other Tabac times may vary slightly.

Edited: 4:12 am, October 15, 2013
Stannington, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tablets / English speaking chemist

Why don't you just get your medication before you leave home. We go to Benal for 3 months in the winter and our GP just gives us 3 months supply of everything which we take with us - it's cheaper and easier than using the Spanish Chemists - and no language barrier. Just remember to carry them in your hand luggage - just in case. We also get a letter from our GP explaining why we have so many tablets with us.

Annie x

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,776 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tablets / English speaking chemist

Maybe the tablets are cheaper in Spain than the UK prescription charges and Rilly99 wants to stock up on his tablets at a cheaper price. Personally, I would be wary of doing it but then again I get free prescriptions at home so its no problem for me.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tablets / English speaking chemist

Indeed I believe about 25% of the cost of tablets here in Ireland - I currently pay 144.00 per month and likely to be increased in the budget today

Stannington, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tablets / English speaking chemist

WOW!!!!!

Annie x

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tablets / English speaking chemist

My friend used to pay €60 in Navan, Co Meath for migraine tablets, same ones from the pharmacy on Bonanza Square, €10, big difference! Mind you health care in Eire is very expensive!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tablets / English speaking chemist

Everything is very expensive in Ireland... i have many friends that live there and the prices of some things are astronomical, no wonder they try and get to Spain as often as they can.....!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tablets / English speaking chemist

will let you know how i get on - will only buy if i have confidence in chemsit but everyone says it a no brainer